The POM

Back to the soulless and ugly nation of Qatar.

The ugly and soulless Lusail Stadium, in the ugly and soulless city of Doha, in the ugly and soulless nation of Qatar, where the final of the 2022 World Cup will be played between France and Argentina on Sunday at 7 am Pacific Time (10 am Eastern).

Wow. They make Croatia and morocco play each other. That’s as dumb as their tiebreaker rules.

I don’t get it. The losers of the semis have always played for 3rd place.

Ridiculous. What if someone gets injured.

This is how it has always been. How else can you award 3rd place?

Lol.

Toronto for no particular reason.

Wait, I just realized this is the las POM before Christmas. We need a sicky-sweet Christmas POM. Toronto will be the shortest POM on record. This is more Christmasy.

2 Likes

Merry Christmasy, Reg.

1 Like

Merry Christmas, Michele. Are you affected by all the crazy weather I’m reading about?

It is brutally cold but it doesn’t bother me as long as I stay in. Is this weather affecting Vancouver?

Merry Christmas. I had yesterday off and spent 15 hours getting ready to host tomorrow. I’m also working tomorrow, so had to do a lot yesterday. It’s warm here and very windy but the windchill tomorrow morning is subzero and I’m a bit worried about icy roads tomorrow. Going to inlaws on sunday which is pretty much no work for me.

Merry Christmas, Dan. :heart_eyes:

Will you be cooking?

Yes, we had bad snowfall a few days ago and because we almost never get snow we were totally unprepared for it. The airport closed. Tons of problems. It’s raining now and the snow should be washed away in a day or two.

Merry Christmas, Dan!

And Merry Christmas, Nico!

Surprising. Somehow I thought you were used to this type of weather. Stay warm, Reg. I heard yesterday that some northern states lost electricity.

I lived in Eastern Canada for a long time. It’s much worse out there. So yes, I was used to this for many years. I grew up in Vancouver but left when I was 16. I only came back 22 years ago.

bah humbug to you and everyone!
enjoy your days everyone :wink:

Merry Christmas, Scrooge.