The bible and private posessions

I have to add something here.

Cutting out this tomb for Jesus’ burial is not something Joseph could have known. He was a disciple and member of the Council. Judging his works, his heart was fastened to God.

Why do they mention though him “being rich” as a disciple who supposedly had to lay all down to the feet of the community?
There are clearly hints and examples of people classified as disciples who had given up all (those who heard and obeyed the “follow me” command and those described in Acts 2) and others who seemingly still had private property after joining (Lydia the dealer, “rich” Joseph,…)

Where does it say that?

Lydia was not a Jew although she feared the Lord.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s in Acts, after the crucification, resurrection and ascension. What makes anyone think Joseph didn’t give everything away during Pentecost?

If Lydia was a dealer then she must have had possessions.

At the very least, she owned a home. Selling purple clothing must have been a lucrative business.

A woman named Lydia—a seller of purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, a God-fearer—was listening. The Lord opened her heart to respond to what Paul was saying.
Acts 16: 14

When Paul and Silas went out of the prison, they visited Lydia’s house. And when they saw the brothers, they encouraged them and then departed.
Acts 16:40

come back to this later bill

Later bill

Tonight marks the beginning of Hanukkah with the lighting of a candle. Can we count on you to light a candle or would burning something to the ground be too tempting?

“While I was pondering the horns, behold, another horn, a small one, sprang up between them, and three of the first horns were uprooted from before it. And behold, this horn had eyes resembling human eyes and a mouth speaking boastfully.

• Daniel 7:8 TLV

We probably shouldn’t know who the three horns are until the time of the end. This knowledge would indicate that we know who the Anti-Christ is, and yet, it has been revealed. I mean, those of you who know history have probably already put it together. I’m just now learning about it. Gods Word is true and accurate and for me, these are exciting and terrifying times.

Homer Simpson End GIF - Homer Simpson End Near GIFs|833x624.75

1 Like

Nice jab. Instead of focusing on your demise, I encourage you to focus on the global players.

Learn from this guy’s experience.

iam not the one focussing on anyones demise…
death will come for everyone and thats a good thing because life is meaningless without it…
thats why everyone should try to make the most of their life

whoever those “global players” may be… they have their own lives to worry about
i encourage you to focus on living your life

Are you implying that I am?

That’s right. Appointed once for death, then judgement and that does have meaning.

Oh, good grief! I’m not taking about people. I’m talking about nations. Try to keep up.

This is my life and it’s the most important thing to me.

Do the nations that were created after the bible was written get to withstand the demise? Like the :us:?

correct

am trying but the vagueness of your demise prediction makes it a bit difficult

so you are saying your life is more important than your god? that would be progress :wink: