Sailing

Yeah you’re right. You probably won’t ever hear it.

ETNZ wins race 9. Race 10 was postponed due to no wind. Match point for the Kiwis. One more win and it’s over.

1 Like

that’s from 2021

thar’s from 2013
anybody see a six year old child of a murder victim there?
i don’t

No, Bill, those pedal grinders are from the 2017 Cup. They were banned for the 2021 Cup.

why were they banned?

makes more sense to grind with their legs than their arms.

what 6 year old child of a murder victim you merderer?

Well done Kiwis! The America’s Cup stays in New Zealand.

I didn’t mind it at all but people didn’t like the aesthetics. Looks more like sailing if you grind with your arms, I suppose. If I had been in charge, I’d have left them alone to pedal grind as they wished.

I didn’t see it. Watching now for the rerun. Why did NZ befrore the start of the race change to a smaller jib when the wind was light? Starts in :15

I was late too. The Kiwis desperately wanted the right side of the course so it might’ve been something to do with that. I won’t type any spoilers.

are they required to cross the course?

I’m not sure what you mean. If you mean that weird zig-zag they do, it’s to keep the sails at the highest angle possible to the wind, which powers the boat. The stronger the wind, the smaller the sail you want, so it’s always a guessing game how strong the wind is going to be.

wow, they even post the crews biometrics during the race.

Yes, and those guys get close to 200 bpm heart rate.

the boats turn so quickly. amazing.

7 tons is a lot of mass to throw around like that.

I have never been so impressed with an America’s Cup. These new AC75s (the name for this class of boat, invented just for this America’s Cup) are breathtaking.

they are, there won’t be any going back.

wow
the internet fucked me
it showed me a bunch of white guys sailing on million dollar boats
but got the year wrong
thanks reg for setting me straight
now
about those white guys sailing on million dollar boats year after year
wannabe a gringo?

happy to be a gringo

How many jews on a million dollar yacht? One. The yacht broker during sea trials.