RBG

My conscious won’t leave me alone and I feel strongly compelled to pay tribute to this champion of women’s rights, but first a little trivia.

Did you know she passed away on the first evening of Rash Hashanah or The Feast of Trumpets, which is marked by 10 days of repentance, followed by The Day of Atonement, marked by a full day of fasting which begins at 6 pm the 27th until 6pm the 28th. Her burial does not take place until these events have ended.

RBG or as I like to affectionately call her, Miss Ruthy, graduated from Cornell University in 1954, after which she attended both Harvard University and Columbia Law School, where she was the first tenured female professor. She argued 6 cases for gender before the Supreme Court. What an amazing personality. Don’t you agree? I’m in awe. Anyway, Miss Ruthy was appointed by Bill Clinton to the Supreme Court in 1993, where she spent 27 years working to eliminate gender-based stereotypes and women’s rights. Incredible!!

On her walls of chambers was an Old Testament Scripture that read,
Justice, Justice, thou shalt persue.”

Because she was a liberal Justice, I know you all want to take this time to honor her greatness before her permanent burial takes place.

RIP, Miss Ruthy🌷

“she spent 27 years working to eliminate gender-based stereotypes and women’s rights” ?!?!

sounds like a confused senile person that should have retired many years ago… rip

hmmm there are quite a few elderly americans in such very important positions, i wonder how much old age contributes to the prosperity of a country

A nice tribute, Michele. Given this passionate defense of women’s rights, I’m surprised you support rapists like Kavanaugh and Trump, but then again none of us are very consistent in the end.

Technically, she spent 27 years fighting for a woman’s right to do what men (as head over woman) would never do, even giving support to the cause, knowing it’s morally wrong.

I suppose that depends on the humility and
wisdom of our aging representatives.

It wasn’t a passionate defense of women’s rights. It was a tribute to her works, regardless how egregious I may think those works were and I don’t support rapists but I do appreciate the implication to disguise your own guilt for taking advantage of young girls when you were already over 30 years old and knew better.

Michele, don’t swing wildly. I have sinned many times in my life, even by my own definition of sin, but I have never raped a woman or assaulted a woman, nor have I ever been accused of doing that by a single woman. Your fat orange rapist has been accused of that by literally dozens of women.

“China, for its part, is trying to nurture tech champions of its own, such as SMIC, its biggest chipmaker, and wean itself off reliance on U.S. suppliers.

Taiwan’s chipmakers were a crucial part of the global supply chain, Tsaid told a meeting of semiconductor company representatives in Taipei, including TSMC Chairman Mark Liu.”

It should be a National day of mourning for China every time a country breaks away from their corrupt communist grip.

I don’t feel good about this. Something isn’t right. [quote=“Reg, post:5, topic:1055”]
Michele, don’t swing wildly. I have sinned many times in my life, even by my own definition of sin, but I have never raped a woman or assaulted a woman, nor have I ever been accused of doing that by a single woman. Your fat orange rapist has been accused of that by literally dozens of women.
[/quote]

I don’t think I’m swinging wildly at all. What I stated is documented somewhere on this site.

???

i’m a republican voter.
i like the sound of keeping strangers off my street, but i don’t really care about a wall a thousand miles from my wintry home in wisconsin or wherever.
i’ve got a 6-3 conservative majority on the Supreme Court of the United States.
can i get an amen?
november 3 dawns bright and chilly or rainy, maybe snow in some places.
i’m outta fishsticks, and the gold fish has the flu.
and would you look at the line outside that polling station?
6-3
i should be good until i die.

1 Like

in an effort to assist the all powerful God in his second coming, our vice president opened a back channel to his embassy in Jerusalem so he’d be first to know.
got a bunch of catholic ruler-whipped nun-channeling judges.
the ayrabs hate us cause we’ns got liberty and football
I HAVE A PLAN TO MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN
THE BEST FOOTBALL THE WORLD HAS EVER PLAYED
sometimes i channel great world leaders
and i snore

when i die, i wanna be dug up and buried again
two or three times
i’m not sure
maybe i wanna be a backup singer too
a nice understated lounge act
i’m all over the place on this

“Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said that by going ahead with the vote so close to the election the Republican majority was “lighting its credibility on fire”

Funny. They weren’t concerned with their credibility when Trump was being impeached. What do we care if we burn our credibility to the ground.

Your side won one. Bring on the court packing.

Fittingly she was sworn in by Uncle Thomas.

I had forgotten about Thomas. That obese old fool should die soon. It won’t restore balance but it will help a bit.

With what, Reg? I mean, really, what? Your pathetic little lawless puppets have almost no power in the House, no power to control the Senate at all or the Whitehouse. They are all useless. We should put them on rotating Tweet Patrol, pay them minimum wage and charge them for roaming. Your party is built on lies and deception. Watching it crumble is my greatest pleasure.

It’s not my party, Michele. It’s not even my country. I am just a spectator to this team sport. I’ve chosen my side the same way Americans who hate (or love) Trudeau have chosen their side in Canadian politics.

Obviously the hope is that the Democrats will win the House, Senate and White House. Then the further hope is they’ll use that to pack the court and then change the rules so the Republicans can’t pack the court back in later years.

2 Likes

and jail trump

1 Like

An hopelessly impenetrable backward huddle scheme.

i’m gonna build a wall and mexico will pay for it
this is the greatest economy the world has ever seen
we’ve turned the corner on this virus thingie
those lies?
that deception?

1 Like

reg
are you having a party?
or was that fake news?