Racism

amen!

There was something attaching itself to your alacrity that was detracting from your genuine innocence.

Some racists will try to get you fired from your job by making a complaint about you without any real valid reason. They will claim that you were offensive to them. Or that they feel very offended. What they wonā€™t mention that the feelings come from their racism.

Iā€™m quite sure if somebody were told that there husband would lose his job or their bnb contract would be terminated for their racist views or even that they would be reported and lose their VA benefits the attitudes would change.

Racists often do not play fair.

I agree. Some people havenā€™t.

I donā€™t think these volunteers have any chance of being heard if this attack on them was racist or just some type of hatred towards seniors. No information on the attackers.
It was a crime but they probably will get no hearing it was a hate crime or even any justice at all. Sometimes all you can do about it truly is to turn the other cheek.

Oh Silkyone, why donā€™t you say whatā€™s on your little mind?

Iā€™m not worried about my VA benefits. Are you worried about your welfare check?

Who really knows? It is difficult to understand his message. But it reads like heā€™s saying, live with it, probably because no one died.

Who knows

I think the issue is true righteousness vs racial immunity.

Making it a black/white issue does not seem to work so well unless you mean the terms nonracially.

They key for some people to make things favorable for them is to set the tone of things. Setting the tone is communication without words. Think of a landline phone. Have you ever thought something is coming across dismissed as the tone?

Picking up trash while black.

1 Like

I like this Atkinson guy.

Absolutely. I love how he didnā€™t back down with 6 cops holding guns in front of him. Good for him! Picking up trash on his own property and the cop with a gun feels ā€œthreatenedā€ by him.

1 Like

I like the fact he was a college student and taking the time to pick up trash at his residence. He might be the janitor/general maintenanceguy. Good. How many college students do you know doing custodial work or groundskeeping where they live. So right. He didnā€™t back down but he wasnā€™t threatening. When being threatened by the cop, he had the calmness to realize how stupid the cop would look for tazing him for picking up trash. Boulder would have been paying the rest of his tuition. I wonder what the charge against the cop would have been if he did taze him. Assault with no jail perhaps. Which might be the right charge since he would have been fired.

yes good for him, fight the power! (thank technology for videos and that he wasnt the homeless person they thought he was or nobody would ever have heard about it)

If the cop tazed the guy, Iā€™d be fine with assault/no-jail-time. If the cop shot the guy, Iā€™d want serious jail time. If the cop killed the guy, Iā€™d want life. In all cases, Iā€™d want the cop fired.

I am loving this new normal where if a cop assaults someone, they better have reason or theyā€™re going down.

1 Like