Racism

No.

The end.

I love this.

That is nothing more than a racist rant against Americans by a dumb girl that sounds like an American.

“We are a race of so many different backgrounds.”

She makes perfectly clear that she’s not an American and has never been to America. There was nothing racist about her rant. And they are a race of many backgrounds. Egyptians are obviously a mix of Greeks, Arabs and Africans. Her wording isn’t perfect but she’s right.

She’s also racist, but according to her if you call her racist, you’re racist. According to her, Americans think if your skin isn’t white by default we assume you are black. Even though she’s beautiful she’s insulting and conceited and to me that is quite ugly.

I don’t think she’s racist. At least not significantly. She’s mad because people are trying to take Cleopatra away and turn her black. Cleopatra is her queen. Her hero. She was white, something I only learned recently. She was Greek. She was not African. This movie portraying Cleopatra as black is as racist as old movies that portrayed black and Asian characters with white actors.

Take Cleopatra away? What do you mean by take Cleopatra away?

Cleopatra is a figment of her imagination.

How do you know she was white? Is there documented proof of her skin color?

Reg, it’s a movie. The characters are just actors. Cleopatra was never a real person. The color of her skin is irrelevant and the story is just a fictional book someone with an active imagination wrote.

I mean that this girl has grown up believing (correctly) that Cleopatra looks like she does, and now they’re trying to take that away from her. It is politically correct nonsense.

Possibly, but there is far more evidence of Cleopatra having lived on Earth than there is of Jesus Christ having lived on Earth.

She was a Macedonian Greek, and coins minted during her reign showed her clearly as having white facial features.

Her family hailed not from the land it governed but from Macedonia, which has led many researchers to believe her skin was light — as European art has always depicted her — not dark like that of the native Egyptians. Some, like Cleopatra biographer Michael Grant, are adamant that she had “not a drop of Egyptian blood in her veins.”

Oh, I see, so you’re saying, like Jesus, her words and life works were documented. I’d love to read about that.

The coins were gray in color and she was depicted as a woman who wore cornrows.

One book of apparent fiction is not “documentation”. That’s all the evidence that exists of a man named Jesus Christ having ever walked on Earth. There is no more evidence of Jesus Christ having existed than there is of Alice in Wonderland having existed.

With Cleopatra, we have coins with her image on them, we have Egyptian reliefs, and we have marble busts, all dated from the time of her reign, not hundreds of years later.

lol@cornrows. Maybe you think those are cornrows. I don’t know of anyone else who does.

From the previous link:

She wears her curly hair not in bangs but in the popular melon style of the time, tied in a bun at the base of her skull.

What you’re offering up here is a stone vessel a potter shaped, molded and fired into an image that can neither speak or testify of her existence. Jesus created His own image in His likeness who both speaks and testifies of Him.

I was referring to the cornrows in the image on the coin also from the previous link.

cleopatra and mark antony coin eastern Mediterranean - public domain|433pxx660px

Actually, you were referring to the melon hairstyle on the coins which you are calling corn rows. lol.

Only on one coin.

People sometimes forget that western (white) nations are the least racist places on Earth.

What an absurd world we live in when “Irish Lives Matter” is investigated as a hate crime.

Irish lives matter is racist poison. How offensive and twisted.

Their food and music suck. Is that racist to say?

1 Like

It’s true, and Riverdance is contrived.

1 Like

Speaking of the Irish, they tried (and succeeded) to get social media platforms to censor posts critical of immigration during their recent riots.