Quotes

I don’t either but it was a totally original non-profane thought that didn’t attack anyone else’s wording in an old post. I’m impressed.

I find the spelling of some words interesting.

Television is one. Tell lie, vision. When the world understands this, Enter net, of all things. There is no escaping it 😵‍💫

tele
greek
means “far”

You might as well be speaking in Greek. My concern is the English spelling of words and their power.

you are right to be concerned

Yes I know I’m right but for confirmation, could you say that again and this time, expand on your own concern?

i am concerned that va7isi has 75%! of the letters you need to spell “isis”

I’m concerned I’m going to need a math book for this.

“Give me enough medals and I’ll win you any war”

-napolean
there should be a topic for napolean

here’s some more french words:
waterloo
dien bien phu
croissant

“We are more fulfilled when we are involved in something bigger than ourselves.”

• John Glenn

“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.”

• Ralph Waldo Emerson

Born this day in 1803

“It is a beautiful truth that all men contain something of the artist in them.”

• Walt Whitman
    Born this day, 1819

“We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.”

• Malala Yousafzai
    Born this day, 1997.
1 Like

Malala Yousafzai is the real deal. Greta Thunberg is a pretender next to her.

Now, Reg, that is unfair to your climate change activist. Just because she hasn’t won a
Nobel Peace Prize doesn’t mean her work isn’t as valid as Malala Yousafzai’s. What happened? I thought you supported climate change.

Support climate change? I wasn’t aware that climate change was seeking my vote.

I believe the climate is changing. I don’t see how anyone can look at the Northwest Passage which was once covered in ice and is now fully navigable by ships and say the climate is not changing.

I believe that at least some of these changes have been brought about by humans and their machines which emit greenhouse gases.

I also believe the climate has always changed and will continue to do so. I am not especially upset over these current changes.

I believe that the entire population of the US and Mexico could be moved to northern Canada over a period of 20 or so years without widespread loss of life. If Prince Rupert and Anchorage become tropical resorts in 2150 and Los Angeles and Puerto Vallarta are considered uninhabitable hellholes, I don’t really care. People will adapt. They always have. Tech will make it easy to adapt.

I believe that, even if the current fuss over climate change is overblown, the end result will be a better planet. If it takes some fear mongering to get people into electric cars (or better yet to get off their fat asses and walk) then monger that fear. People are stupid and I have no qualms about manipulating them into doing the right thing.

Yes, support, as in the agenda to make people believe there is something awful wrong in the world and we must all bow down and pay homage to the climate gods and then accept being taxed daily for our part in its ruin.

I don’t know how anyone with good sense can look at one area of the world and say the climate is changing when icebreakers are the only thing keeping the ice from reforming.

What are you talking about? The temperature is not changing here, Reg. It was a brutal 103F yesterday. Normal for July in Oklahoma.

AI is a much greater danger to society than the climate, which I’m certain is also fine by you.

Using manipulation as a self-serving tool is evil, Reg. Who manipulated you into believing it is right to use such a tool?

“Nothing is worth more than laughter.”

• Frida Kahlo
    Passed on this day, 1954.

What a lot of nonsense, Michele.

The reality is that the Arctic is warming at a rate twice as fast as the rest of the planet—temperatures in the Arctic have been more than seven degrees Celsius higher than average—and the ice up there is melting so fast that it’s been called a “death spiral.”

Source: Global warming has allowed easier access to the Northwest Passage.