Pope Francis changes Lord's Prayer

Madness!

Maybe the pope can help. After all the church helped the nazis.

Brother Nathaniel wasnā€™t a Nazi. He was, however, very anti Jew despite being born a Jew ( he later converted to Christianity). He didnā€™t advocate violence at all.

His was free speech in my world, but this is no longer my world.

This says so much about you.
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.

This says so much about you.
Add and God will add to your plagues. Subtract and God will take away what you already have.

Perhaps that is the reason for my health problems this year.

Or perhaps God is a myth and my health problems are because stuff happens.

Or perhaps you donā€™t take good care of yourself.

They are on a rampage. God bless brother Nathanael.
My subscription list has been reduced significantly. ThuleanPerspective Volkslehrer, many moreā€¦
Looks as if Iā€™ll have to reduce YT consumption from now on which isnā€™t neccessarily a bad thing.

Internet is going ape shit in 2019.
I received perma bans for calling a gay man gay and for ā€œGrĆ¼ĆŸe gehen rausā€¦ā€ an another platform. Incredible. So bizzarre.

Perhaps he read the sign lol

First EVER!

Lots of victims of his church there.

this sentence is interesting beyond the no doubt intentional misuse of ā€œthereā€.
it was typed by someone unaware of how often the immutable holy bible has been changed since it was begun 4000 years ago.
interesting that it plays a large part in the authors life, yet the author hasnā€™t a clue

Thank the God for that. If Christians actually practiced the ridiculous teachings of the Bible, they would be radical terrorists. Much better that they occasionally change the meaning of the Bible to suit their current world view. My woman does that. Sheā€™s Catholic. I donā€™t think sheā€™s ever read the Bible. I donā€™t encourage her to. Itā€™s boring.

If you want to see what it looks like for a religious group to actually follow their holy book, look no further than Isis or the Taliban.

I donā€™t think most Catholics read the bible.

The bible has never been read in any catholic service Iā€™ve been to. Which is about 10, tops.

1 Like

amen

Yes, Amen. I quite like the words Bill is posting of this Hitchens guy, but he really shouldā€™ve laid off the donuts for long enough to gain a chin.

Thereā€™s also something silly about what heā€™s saying. This isnā€™t an attack on him (unlike the chin comment which clearly was an attack) because I tend to say the same things. Here is the problem.

Ridiculous mockable statement: The Earth was created in 7 days by a Sky Fairy named Jehovah.

Erudite, intelligent, highly knowledgeable statement: The Earth was created in 4.5 billion years through accretion from the solar nebula.

The fact is that people who make either statement are basing it on what other people tell them. I have no idea how the earth was created or when, and I donā€™t even really know what solar nebulae are beyond what I just read on Wikipedia. And neither do you. And neither of us has any idea if planets get created that way but we blindly accept the words of smart sounding people who say that.

It is, in my opinion, no more reasonable than some Christian believing in his Sky Fairy because some priest took a break from screwing him up the butt to tell him so.

Both are articles of blind faith.