Police

The African way of dealing with police brutality.

Should tazing be a lawful form of discipline for police?

It’s not a form of discipline, Michele. It’s a way to stop someone from doing what they’re doing. Whether this guy should have been tasered is an open question to me. What had he been accused of doing? If he had just murdered someone, then my answer is yes. If he wasn’t accused of anything serious and wasn’t posing a threat to anyone, then my answer is no.

So is a bullet to the head or heart with no ability for the criminal to pile sin upon sin.

Can you just watch and judge what you feel is right from watching the video, regardless of whether that person has done anything wrong or not?

I watched. I actually watched the first time prior to typing my last response. It wasn’t pretty. I don’t see how we can draw conclusions without context, however. If the guy had just shot up a school, he gets treated differently from the guy who just rolled a stop sign.

There is context. You are watching a man getting tazed. Is it right or wrong?

There is no context. I do not know why this man is being tazed. I need that context in order to answer if it is right or wrong.

For context, the man wouldn’t be still, even after being tazed.

You can’t know that without tasing him. Most people are stopped by tasers. If the guy had just committed a serious crime, he needs to be stopped. He appeared to be unarmed so shooting him would be excessive. Tasing him is the logical thing to do in such a case.

This all boils down to “what was he wanted for?”. If it was serious, he needs to be tased.

If he was going to a pro choice rally, should he have been tased?

Well, he was holding his firelighter and disturbing the peace. Apparently, he refused to turn it loose so they tazed him for it. He dropped it but they couldn’t let it go at that point and ordered him to be still but I guess when men with authority can’t stop a citizen from doing what they’re doing, in his case, jerking away from them, protocol is to repeatedly electrocute them.

Not when tear-gas has the power to clear a crowd.

Balls of f’n steel.

PS: Nico would tell us there are always non violent options. lol.

yes always!
if all guns were made illegal in usa and they spend more money on education instead of their military then that situation would have most likely never happened in the first place

If that doesn’t work you can always rub your pointers together and yell, “Shame, Shame.”

Tear gas would have been enough.

They begged him not to raise his gun. He raised it. I’m not sure what we can rationally expect of them.

I would also add to this, Will knew exactly what he was doing. He told me years before he did it that this was how he might choose to exit. Who is anyone else to say they knew better what was right for him? He was a big boy and he made his choice.

One would think after the first bullet penetrated his brain no other force was necessary but they opened fire and didn’t stop. Did he raise his gun again after the first shot?. To fire and keep firing is excessive and unnecessary.

I’m going on memory but I recall there were four or five cops there. They are all trained to fire when someone raises a loaded gun at them. None of them could have known who shot first.

Which demonstrates exactly how incompetent they are. They should all be stripped of their guns, badges and duty until they are retrained to demonstrate proper control instead of pretentiously showing empathy and compassion knowing their training was to fire deadly bullet after deadly bullet on another human just after a compassionate, understanding and relatable word.