Observe This!

But Reggie is just so cute.

1 Like

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! In His great mercy He caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Messiah Yeshua from the dead. An incorruptible, undefiled, and unfading inheritance has been reserved in Heaven for you. By trusting, you are being protected by God’s power for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1: 3-5

Now Adonai spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying, “This month will mark the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year for you. Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb for his family one lamb for the household. But if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor are to take one according to the number of the people. According to each person eating, you are to make your count for the lamb. Your lamb is to be without blemish, a year old male. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. You must watch over it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to slaughter it at twilight. They are to take the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the crossbeam of the houses where they will eat it. They are to eat the meat that night, roasted over a fire. With matzotand bitter herbs they are to eat it. Do not eat any of it raw or boiled with water, but only roasted with fire—its head with its legs and its innards. So let nothing of it remain until the morning. Whatever remains until the morning you are to burn with fire. Also you are to eat it this way: with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet and your staff in your hand. You are to eat it in haste. It is Adonai’s Passover.

Passover begins at 6 PM.

I do not have lamb in my house nor do I feel I need lamb or any literal meat to observe the feast in the proper way since Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb and the Hebrews had not yet received Him. When Jesus came and laid down His life for us He broke bread with His friends and told them to eat that bread in remembrance of Him.

This is how I will observe this feast:

And while they were eating, He took matzah; and after He offered the bracha, He broke it and gave it to them and said, “Take; this is My body.” And He took a cup; and after giving thanks, He gave to them and they all drank from it. And He said to them, “This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many. Amen, I tell you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 14: 22-25

Beginning at 6 PM and until tomorrow at 6 PM, I will only eat matzah and drink wine in rememberamce of Jesus and the sacrifice He made for us and to observe the Passover and His Mercy upon us.

None of you have to observe anything but you are invited to join me.

I will be anointing my home with olive oil to symbolically represent the blood of the Lamb covering my door which symbolically represents the Blood of the Lamb that covers our sins. In observance, it represents Gods Mercy on His children as He passes over. In remembrance, it represents His Sacrifice upon the Cross. His death for our life because there was no salvation for anyone except the Chosen. The Bible says that at the 9th hour, Jesus surrendered His life. There was an earthquake and the curtain was rent from top to bottom giving all of us access to God our Father in Jesus’ Name.

If you understood how evil evil is, you would understand how much we all need Jesus.

I am so thankful He made the sacrifice for me.

When Abraham was old God promises him a son and he believed. The Bible says his faith made him righteous. God loved him because he trusted God. Blessed is the man who has not seen and believes.
When Abraham was moved, by faith he took his son upon the mountain where his son asked, “Where is the sacrifice?” To which Abraham replied, “The Lord Will Provide.”

When the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were made slaves in Egypt, the Lord raised Moses to deliver them. The Lord showed them the hardness of man’s heart against God and the hate man has for God, 9 times, so God told the children of Israel (because God does nothing without first revealing it to His prophets) he was going to kill the firstborn of every family in Egypt so that they and every house in Egypt and the world would know that the Lord is God. (This is why we should not fear man who can destroy the body but God who can destroy both body and soul.) Because of His Mercy, He gave the children instruction for their protection. To take a lamb without blemish, slaughter it and place the blood on the top and side posts of the door.
When the Lord saw the blood, He would pass over that home. They were also instructed to feast on the lamb in haste. It was set up as a memorial to be passed down from one generation to the next for the children of Israel for ever.

None could approach God for forgiveness or salvation save the high priest who was allowed to entered the inner room of the tabernacle only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

When Jesus gave His life on the cross, the Bible says he gave his life as a ransom for ours. Meaning the price to pay was ours. We rejected God. Our disobedience bearing witness against us when Eve was tempted by the lust of her eyes, ate the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and then gave to Adam, who also ate after surrendering to the same temptation, giving birth to sin.

His Sacrifice on the Cross was for our salvation. That with faith apart from works and confession of the Truth, peace between God and man was established.

This lamb that the Lord God promised to provide is the physical depiction of a spiritual union between God and man through love and sacrifice.

There is no greater peace than to lay your head down and night and know that when you die you will not be blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life.

For this reason, I choose to observe the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread as a memorial to God for His Sacrifice that I am so thankful for.

At the Last Supper, Jesus broke bread, thanked God, gave to His disciples and said, “Eat. This is my body. Do this in remembrance of Me.”
He also took the cup, offered a blessing and gave to his disciples telling them, “Drink from it. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the removal of sins.”

Now here is the main point being said. We do have such a Kohen Gadol, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens. He is a priestly attendant of the Holies and the true Tent—which Adonai set up, not man. For every kohen gadol is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, so it is necessary for this One also to have something to offer. Now if He were on earth, He would not be a kohen at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Torah. They offer service in a replica and foreshadower of the heavenlies—one that is just as Moses was instructed by God when he was about to complete the tabernacle. For He says, “See that you make everything according to the design that was shown to you on the mountain.” But now Yeshua has obtained a more excellent ministry, insofar as He is the mediator of a better covenant which has been enacted on better promises. For if that first one had been faultless, there would not have been discourse seeking a second. For finding fault with them, He says,
“Behold, days are coming,” says Adonai, “when I will inaugurate a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not remain in My covenant, and I did not care for them,” says Adonai. “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” says Adonai. “I will put My Torah into their mind, and upon their hearts I will write it. And I will be their God, and they shall be My people. And no more will they teach, each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Adonai,’ because all will know Me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and their sins I will remember no more.” In saying “new,” He has treated the first as old; but what is being made old and aging is close to vanishing.
Hebrews 8

Thank you, God. Your Love is Everlasting.

I have spent a great deal of time in the last few hours observing God’s Sacrifice. In about 15 minutes I’m going to go be with my family and receive communion.
I am thankful for you.

Morning, the third day.

Now after Shabbat, as it began to dawn on the first day of the week, Miriam of Magdala and the other Miriam came to look at the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of Adonaidescended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And those keeping watch were shaken for fear of him and became like dead men.
But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Yeshua who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, just as He said.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

You call him Fred, correct?

No I call Him Jesus. What Name do you call Him by?

Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish ones took their lamps, they took no oil with them. But the wise ones took oil in jars along with their lamps.

“Now while the bridegroom was taking a long time, they all got drowsy and started falling asleep. But in the middle of the night there was a shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps. Now the foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, since our lamps are going out.’ But the wise ones replied, ‘No, there won’t be enough for us and for you. Instead, go to those who sell, and buy some for yourselves.’

“But while they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. And those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. Now later, the other virgins came, saying, ‘Sir, Sir, open up for us!’

“But he replied, ‘Amen, I tell you, I do not know you.’ Therefore stay alert, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”
Matthew 25: 1-13

For the mitzvah is a lamp, Torah a light, and corrective discipline the way of life,
Proverbs 6: 23 TLV

23 For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,
Proverbs 6: 23

“Also you are to command Bnei-Yisrael, that they are to bring to you pure olive oil beaten for the light, to cause a lamp to burn continually.
Exodus 27: 20 TLV

You shall charge the sons of Israel, that they bring you clear oil of beaten olives for the light, to make a lamp burn continually.
Exodus 27: 20

The lamp is the commandments. The oil represents obedience through faith in Christ.

Unfortunately, we are born a rebellious people. There is no possible way we can attain obedience through will power. It doesn’t exist in the spiritual realm. If it were possible, Adam and Eve would never have eaten from the Tree of Knowledge. If it were possible, the Israelites would have kept the law. This is why Jesus came. Not to destroy the law but to fulfill it. That the Law would be found in Him and if in Him then obedience to the law is hidden with Him. He then becomes our obedience. Where we fail ourselves, His Grace covers us if we are in Him and He in us.
Those 5 virgins will be left in the dark because they didn’t fill their lamps with FAITH in Jesus that produces obedience to His Word.
What a shame. Literally, their lamps could have been filled for free but they will have to pay because they refused to listen and that’s going to make them late for dinner.

Very good lesson, Michele. I am not sure how you conclude the oil of beaten olives somehow “represents obedience through faith in Christ” but whatever works for you is fine with me.

I hope people will also remember this. I’ll bet most guys just wipe it off.

Leviticus 15:16-17 When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening.

Idk, Reg. I believe olives represent Gods people. I have never “beaten an olive” (Nico will provide video if you bat your eyes wildly at him) but I assume it’s a method the Israelites used for extracting the oil.

Sounds like you were put to the sword and should never eat ice cream again.
You failed the cut.

thats not very nice and again makes you a liar…

Makes you no fun, you crab.

to each their own… you can share that kind of fun with reg, he enjoys that

How do you know what he enjoys? :flushed:

years of experience seeing reg post his preference videos in chat

Oh.

So, if the Bible says “You shall charge the sons of Israel, that they bring you clear oil of beaten olives for the light”, you interpret it as “You shall charge the sons of Israel to be obedient to God”?

That’s an amusing catch-22, since God says to bring clear oil of beaten olives, not reinterpret his words, so being obedient to God would require you to not interpret his words as you just did.