Observe This!

When the rainbow is in the clouds, I will observe it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living beings on the earth."
Genesis 9: 16

Don’t tell me you don’t do this.

1 Like

ok i wont tell you

goawayiamtalkingtomyselfandfeelingquiteentertained

lol ok… have fun

Here is my covenant that you are to observe, between me and you and your descendants: Every male among you is to be circumcised.
Genesis 17: 10

1 Like

Well there’s one I know you didn’t observe. Who does that. Insane.

And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever.
Exodus 12: 17

You don’t have to do this with me. I will be doing it and sharing it here.

1 Like

If an alien who resides with you wants to observe the Passover to the LORD, every male in his household must be circumcised, and then he may come near to observe it. He is to be like a native of the land, but no uncircumcised person is to eat it.
Exodus 12: 48

This Scripture is very much spiritual. This is referring to the circumcision of the heart. If you are not spiritually right with God, you should not observe this feast because the Bible says you will eat and drink judgement to yourself.

And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.
Deuteronomy 30: 6

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
Galatians 5: 6

In Christ, physical circumcision means nothing. It is a ritual for a reminder of what you have observed in Him.

For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.
1 Corinthians 11: 29

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exodus 31: 16

Back when held down a real job, I loved getting Saturday off but I didn’t observe the Sabbath. Now we’re all off together. That’s pretty amazing. I’m thinking we should observe it this coming Sabbath. Good idea? It doesn’t matter what you want. I am going to observe this Sabboth, here, Lord willing.

Also observe the Festival of Harvest with the firstfruits of your produce from what you sow in the field, and observe the Festival of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you gather your produce from the field.
Exodus 23: 16

1 Like

Honestly I can’t speak on this scripture because I don’t know it.

Maybe Tychicus will come share something.

Christians and Jews have practiced male genital mutilation for millennia, but they get all outraged when some Africans practice female genital mutilation.

The vast majority of humanity.

I’m sorry, Reg. Is it biblical?

Yes I know. Isn’t it awesome or do you feel outraged that over it?

Is what Biblical? Male genital mutilation is Biblical. I don’t recall ever seeing female genital mutilation mentioned in the Bible.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to again. I am very happy that the vast majority of the world no longer mutilates the penises of their male children.

I suspect that’s why it’s rejected by society.

No longer? Gross.

1 Like

This was a very common practice, and is mandated by the Bible as you observed. I agree that it’s gross, though.

We are not agreeing. That would be gross.

so that there may not be among you man or woman or family or tribe, whose heart turns away today from the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations, and that there may not be among you a root bearing bitterness or wormwood;
Deutronomy 29: 18

Chapter 29 Renewal of the Covenant.