My New house

Thank you!

I’m taking those office style blinds down and will put up curtains, but most of the time they stay open. The only time I close them is in my room; mostly summer time on days off when I can actually sleep a few extra minutes so the sun won’t wake me up

Looks like this home is $115000 in California but you can buy them up to 285000. That’s amazingly cheap for California.

Ok. I guess you still need to buy the land, so it will be significantly higher lol.

I continue to wonder if covid will end up being a net positive for real estate. If a young man can buy a beautiful home an hour or two from the city, and he can work from home, why wouldn’t he do that? Obviously not all jobs can be done from home, but many can. More than we had previously thought. Covid has forced us to look for options that let people work from home and that could possibly change real estate forever.

1 Like

I’m hoping my traffic will never be as bad as 7 months ago, again.

A child born in 20 years may never experience traffic. He may never know what it’s like to search for a parking spot. He might not even know what a “parking lot” is, and might speculate that perhaps they were places where robo-taxis swapped batteries for freshly charged ones before the new super-fast charging tech was developed that let them charge fully in under a minute. He might have read somewhere that the storage units occupying the first few floors of his apartment building were once used to park cars, although he won’t really know why people did that. He will have heard of traffic lights but probably won’t know how they worked, and he might never have seen one outside history videos. The idea of stress getting to and from work will be foreign to him, first because everyone takes the same time to get anywhere so it’s not competitive, and second because going to work means walking to his desk at home.

Tagging @IshChadash because I assume this will bother you. lol.

1 Like

Tesla has laid off its entire PR department. Probably not a bad move for the company. Unfortunate for the employees. With fewer cars cheaper gas and better gas mileage and cleaner gas, electric cars are becoming less interesting to me. I’ll get one eventually but only when the infrastructure is better.

If I was going to get a new car, it would be electric but I’m not planning on getting a new car. A used ICE car is definitely cheaper and probably better for the environment considering it has already been made.

I like this guy. He is young and really smart. He’s excellent at his jobs. Some of them are doable. He hasn’t posted much because he is redoing this bus. He is going to live in the bus until he builds his house and either sell the bus or have it like an in law place to live.

Start with a scooter. Or even a One Wheel.

I honestly think you should buy some pads and helmet and one of those trail unicycles. You would be some other than dan plain yoga man.

Good points on working from home. I refinanced. The lender was the friend of a friend. I never talked to him. Never met him. Never met the appraiser. They just drive by. Never met the lawyer. They had a driver drive the documents to my house. Told me to call with any questions. The only person I met was basically an uber driver sleeping in my driveway for 20 minutes.

Wow! You are really out there.

Yeah, it bothers me so I can see why it would bother Daniel. This scenario would eventually kill any need for an automotive technician or parts supplier.
I wouldn’t worry much about Daniel though. He is a closet electrician. Ask him anything. He will be able to tell you. Just ask him. He will whip out and read from his trusty journeyman’s handbook.

Not just them. The oil industry as we know it will also be destroyed. Most jobs humans do will be done by machines in the future. This is why capitalism is at an end. The industrial revolution is over. The robotic revolution is here.

Yeah, and “manufacturing is never coming back to America, no matter who is president.” :roll_eyes:

It doesn’t frighten me. I read the manifesto. Things much worse than e-mobility are going to happen to us. God help us! Messiah, come back! President Trump, protect us.

1 Like

Hahahaha!

1 Like

That’s right, Will. Be as unpleasant as possible and laugh out loud so the world knows how you feel. I do that too. Usually when I’m in an uncomfortable conversation. I’m sure that’s not the case for you though. I’m certain your unpleasant laughter is some sort of weird mockery.

Did you hear Trump last night? He listed the economic issues that he has broken historical records on since he beginning of his administration. You may not have heard it over your own unpleasant laughter. I wonder if he broke those records before or after the world started hating him? Oh, well. We all have to hate someone, right? It’s the global way of communication in a new order.

I was just reviewing my post before I sent it out. I just wanted to make sure there were no positive or kind words that might confuse the situation and I think its fine. Wouldn’t you disagree?

Unpleasant seems to be your word of the day. A fitting word for you. But you’re also bitter and it clouds your judgement. Makes you toss and turn at night?

I didn’t hear it but I acknowledge it’s true. Here are some of the records he has broken:

• Record unemployment
  • Record deficit
  • Record US debt
  • Record numbers of people having their health care taken away
  • Record single-year economic decline
1 Like

I’m not surprised. You listen to nothing.