Movies

Being educated as you are, you do understand what that means

Angie and I were talking about this today. She thinks the mother was buried face down. We also talked about the motive of the mother in exposing her kids to this horror. In the end neither of us had an explanation for that.

That‘s an extreme change of movie genre, but I was flabbergasted today by the trailer of the new Disney animation movie, which is a remake of The Lion King. I didn‘t like the original movie but loved the musical due to the awesome costumes. But the new movie version partly looks so real, that I will give it a chance - when they bring it on tv.

Michele, you seriously think with 12 years a person is able to question a religion and form an informed opinion? After having been indoctrinated for those 12 years without anyone fostering critical thinking when it comes to religion?

Gunda, the wording seems a bit unfair but the answer is still yes. All of you were saved by faith of your own free will. You asked for Gods gift of Grace and you received it. Jesus dwells in you because He never leaves you once you invite Him in. If you pretend He doesn’t exist, you re-crucify Him and make me a liar.

Try to understand, Gunda. Faith is not about critical thinking. It’s a belief in your heart. It’s born into you. Everyone knows what the truth is in their soul. Any of you can deny it until Rapture. Knowing you all have been baptized makes it difficult for me to keep from going back and forth from giggling, because you sound so ridiculous, to crying because you have lost your saltiness. It’s depressing. Say something funny to take my mind off of it.

I used to believe in the tooth fairy. I would lose a tooth as a child and, if I put it under my pillow, money would appear there in the morning. I have since rejected this belief and I now believe that the tooth fairy does not exist. I wonder if he also still dwells in me and never leaves me since as a child I let him in.

I think I’m salty. People have said so.

Your responses are silly and childish and I don’t really feel you should call me out with this type of mockery.

I tried.

Oh, haha. Salty, right ha ha ha. You’re a funny guy, Will.

2 Likes

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/movies/622/69?u=gundi

I was unsure if you meant it that way, that‘s why I formulated my question the way I did.

Michelle, at the age of 12, you can‘t even legally purchase or exchange an item in Germany which worth is significantly higher than the childs/teen pocket money. I am sure there‘s an equivalent legal rule in the U.S. But a kid of that age should be able to make a lifelong decision?

I don‘t address the religious content of your post, because I honestly don‘t know where to start, as I don’t believe into the existence of a God (and this applies to any deity of any religion). Therefore details or interpretations of such religions aren‘t of any relevance to me.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/movies/622/70?u=gundi

Believe it or not, my connection to my soul is a very clear one. I feel totally at peace with it. And an absolute yes to that faith is not about critical thinking. Just to make sure, the last sentence I made wasn’t meant with any insulting Intention. I sincerely used it here the way you did, as a feeling. So what?

I realize it would be an educated guess on your part but for kicks and giggles, at what age does a parent begin to delegate household responsibility to a child? If income were needed for the family, at what age should a little boy be before he goes out and mows lawns or throws newspapers for money? Or how old should a little girl be before she is allowed to babysit for money? These are responsibilities that require critical thinking.

The activities you describe afford some thinking, yes. But neither a critical one nor does it require any special skills and knowledge.

Bulllshit you dumbass

I wouldn’t give my baby to an 7 year old

Ok.

I’m sorry, Gunda but you have to know there is a great responsibility that comes with taking care of a child but a 12 year old can be left alone for short times with a baby because they are old enough to understand how to take care of them.

For a short term, exactly. But it lacks the needed skills and knowledge to take care for a longer term. And yet it should be able according to you, to make a lifelong decision based upon critical thinking?