Marijuana

I dislike marijuana but I acknowledge it’s here to stay.

1 Like

That is barbaric, but it is what it is.

It is barbaric, but Singapore is a pristine jewel of a place and I don’t think they’d care to learn from westerners living in glorified drug dens (which includes everyone on this site).

I had to Google. Very nice looking island with lots of beautiful architecture.

That’s a little offensive and disturbing but I know it’s true. What’s the trade off in Singapore? No constitutional right to speak freely? Why would anyone do that? Have they been raised this way? Do they just not know what they have surrendered for their pristine public transit system? I’m not impressed by it. It’s just another form of human slavery but from what I’ve read, they seem to be content with the lifestyle.

I didn’t have much time to explore Singapore culture so I am curious about what really makes their country so great. I read they ranked 5 out of 180? countries? I forget but anyway, is it just a fascinating top of the line transit system that gives them this clean climate reputation or is their more to their fabulous way of life?

They have more free speech than you or I have. If they think Jews control the media, they can say so. If they think blacks are stupider than whites, they can say so. If they think homosexuality is a perversion, and that there are only two genders, they can say so. They can also criticize their own government and do. The tradeoff has nothing to do with speech.

They lose the right to litter, to pollute, to do drugs, and to generally degrade society. We in the west value that freedom to the point where we allow our cities to become disgusting hellholes full of homeless encampments stinking of shit and piss. They lose the freedom to live like that. As a result, Singapore smells of fresh air, ocean and nature.

And if you want to deal drugs there, you will die. Everyone knows this. Take your chances if you choose. I, for one, won’t give a rip if a few drug dealers get hanged.

What is the trade-off?

I guess I should thank you for exercising your right to degrade western society. Well said, well spoken.

And have.

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/compare_countries.jsp

That article is nonsense, as is the ranking, but one paragraph is true:

Smoking in public areas, jaywalking, and vandalism may result in hefty fines, prison, or even caning. Random drug tests are carried out on local and international visitors at the airport and may carry the heavy death penalty if convicted.

I totally support caning smokers and vandals. 100%.

It’s been an uphill battle for marijuana. This is not a complete legalization but reclassifying it is right and I am content stopping here since I do not support legalizing marijuana. It’s the best and most progress we have had from government and I’m happy to have lived to see this day.

1 Like

Do you use marijuana, Michele? I don’t.

I know you don’t. You have to have a doctor prescribed chemical. That’s fine. Every person has to do what they believe is right for them. I do smoke marijuana. I believe it helps me. Also, I haven’t seen a doctor for medical issues in 8 years.

1 Like