Making Pop

So I’ve been making my own soda for the last week. It’s 90% an environmental thing to me and 10% not wanting to lug pop home anymore. The cost is roughly the same since Coke Zero is so cheap, so that wasn’t a factor. The diet cola I’m making doesn’t taste as good as Coke Zero but I don’t care much. It tastes good enough and it’s super convenient with no waste. I hope to duplicate this in Colombia.

1 Like

I think your method might be cheaper than my root beer.

Mine takes about 1 min per bottle so yes. lol.

I’ll give the run down of mine later
Mine takes about 5 days lol.

I have soda stream. I made several different kinds.

2 Likes

It’s good because you cannot only control the amount of flavor and sweetness but also the fizz.

1 Like

Right, Mark. I like it really fizzy with relatively little syrup. I can achieve that with Sodastream. It’s cool.

1 Like

Actually since the machine isn’t exactly mine and neither or the bottles I never add anything but the pressurized, carbonated water. I have bought several of their soft drink clone mixes and even one energy drink mix syrup, some full calories others zero. Pretty good but too much gives me a headache.

One thing I have not made yet is an Italian Soda and I used to buy these things outside for like $4.50 for a small cup and that is without any alcohol and I don’t know any that are made with alcohol anyway.

I know I mentioned ice cream and pressurized carbonated water that can be painfully fizzy. I expect you to to start panicing and saying fat you can’t drink that you will never lose weight.

I also picture your geriatric bottom like a sagging and ripping piece of wet carboard being eaten out by soda ready to drop a gallon of flesh clored ice cream.

I’d like to share, but the reactions from you are just way to intolerable.

Do you have this weight loss problem? I eat all kinds of foods and my diet is healthier than you and so am I. Let me know because I saw you post pictures of bikes you and your wife got and I know I don’t want anything to do with a couple who has that concept of weight management. You might as well forget the bidet and wipe with the chain.

I didn’t get those bikes, Mark. I’m going to take a look on Tuesday. The woman has expressed concern that those are both men’s bikes and she’s more comfortable with the lower bar on a women’s bike. If I don’t get those, I might just buy some new bikes at Exito. That’s our local superstore here in Colombia. Just seems like a waste since they will be used only a few times a year.

I don’t care about the bikes, I like italian soda.

I’m looking at some syrups and syrup sets online. I don’t think I am going to buy anything other than Torani. It’s the brand I always see in coffeehouses and huts and barista carts. I’m worried anything else might be a disappointment and taste like wood varnish like as I have experienced with some sugar free vanilla extract subtitutes I have tried.

You need a soda stream and what syrup or ice cream to achieve what??? How long is this supposed to last?

Well, I could achieve it with bottled pop but I started disliking the amount of plastic waste I was generating. I also enjoy the convenience of being able to make pop whenever I want it.

Don’t think I’ll be drinking any with you.

Re “I hope to duplicate this in Colombia”, I’ve failed. Sodastream just doesn’t seem to be available here at a sane price.

What does Coke Zero mean? No sugar? I thought all diet drinks had some form of aspartame in them. I don’t know why you would want to consume that kind of poison. I’m confused again.

I like Sodastream’s Orange. It’s like low carb Koolaide but better.

Coke Zero is one of a few zero-calorie, no-sugar drinks made under the Coca Cola brand. It does have aspartame. I’m fine with that.

Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by the regulatory agencies of more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as “one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved” and its safety as “clear cut.”

Whatever you say, My Favorite, Most Educated Bbad Genius.

Aspartame is composed of 10% methanol, 40% aspartic acid, and 50% phenylalanine. Methanol is a highly toxic substance that, when heated above 86 degrees F (as it is in your body), is metabolized into formaldehyde ( embalming fluid ) and formic acid (the poison in fire ants).

Methanol is also contained in most fresh fruits, most alcohol (whiskey, beer etc.) and potatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, celery, and parsnips. You will consume far more methanol from those sources than you will ever consume in tiny aspartame packets.

PS: It is harmless.

It’s sprayed on those vegetables, not injected into them.

P. S. It’s poison.