Life is good

Haha. Smart move. I usually never buy useless shit. I bought some today, but ill probably use them. I got some crockpot liners and tank tops. And a nail trimmer.

what? she would be treated good, still be fed water and bread until she is free of that awful drug called religion :wink:

Thatā€™s such an Oklahoma thing to say.

nice! i speak oklahomian (or is it oklahomianese? lol) and i didnt even know it :wink:

Lol it is!!

I donā€™t think you meant it this wayā€¦ But I believe that could be misconstrude as a communion ā€˜mealā€™ (unleaven bread and turning water into wine) he he he.

Hubby bought two items for his new bbqer, I may have bought the bluray set of Friends and Big Bang Theoryā€¦ And a snow cone machine for the boys (and I) to enjoy.

I wanted to buy the nugget (ferry boat) ice machineā€¦ But even on ā€˜saleā€™ ($450 instead of $550) it was more than I wanted to spend. Not to meantion my hubby just paid the concrete guy to come out and pour a patio for us. So my spending budget for Prime Day took a bit of a hit :wink:

1 Like

Your mother lives in Oklahoma and youā€™ve never experienced the wind?
Right now we are having to pray for a nice breeze because itā€™s miserably hot every day but often itā€™s a merciless brutal wind.

Yes, Dahling. The correct grammar is well, I will be treated well. Itā€™s nothing to be ashamed of.

so not only you want to lock her up in a cage, you also want to make her a slave producing wine? :wink:

naww you will be treated good and not drowned in a wellā€¦ :wink:
thank you sweetiepie but i have no shame or sins

I was in Edmonton for Prime Day and didnā€™t buy anything. Some neighbour called me using the front door intercom (which rings my cell) and told me thereā€™s a package there for me. I tried to tell her to just leave it there like all other packages but we only have a few seconds for intercom calls and it hung up on her and she didnā€™t call back. Itā€™s not there so she obviously kept it ā€œsafeā€ for me and I have no idea where it is now. I wish people would stop being ā€œhelpfulā€ in such cases.

Itā€™s a shame. Thatā€™s a lie and you just sinned.
1 John 1:8

Maybe it was me sending you a garmin watch.

only in your mind :wink:
your john is your disciple to your jesus but to me he is just a son of zebedee doo da lol
its all fiction to me but thank you for reminding me of that song

No, my biological mom lives in OK with her husband and their 3 kids. I was raise by different parents. I was adopted at 2 days old. I have only ā€˜metā€™ her 2x in my lifetime. Usually, we only talk in November/December time frame (our birthdays are in November hers , mine, and she has twins on my birthday).

I donā€™t have a relationship with my half siblings at all (not even on social media oh well).

I have done some ancestry research and thought that could be a fun way to talk with them more, but nope.

Itā€™s been quite warm up here. Upper 70s to Mid 80s.

1 Like

Have you always known you were adopted?

Do you have siblings with your adopted family?

Youā€™re welcome.

I have known I was adopted since I was 4 years old. My parents (the ones who raised me) adopted another girl at that time.

Different biological parents. I was 2 days old when I was adopted, my sister was a day old when we picked her up at the airport.

We have both met some of our biological families.

My sister identifies more with her ā€˜bloodā€™ family than the family who raised her. She calls our parents by their first names and introduces me as a ā€˜sister, but only on paper, not a real sisterā€™.

I donā€™t take to kindly to her attidude or how she chooses to live her life, so I try to keep my distance so I donā€™t say to much to upset her, and our parents.

My birthfather died in 2012 from suicide, and his family blames me for his choice, so I hardly talk to anyone from that side of the family.

I have found a few people through ancestry.com that are willing to converse with me here and there, so I am slowly building up family tree.

I am currently working on both a biological family tree and one with my adopted parents.

I have found some interesting things that I wish I had more time to research, or money to pay someone to verify my research for me.

Through ancestry.com, the researchers start at a $1,000 to start and go from there.

I am using Google Maps to save ā€˜places Iā€™d like to visitā€™ in the event that I get to travel places some day.

Holly, since youā€™ve chosen to share, I hope a couple of questions arenā€™t out of line.

What race is your sister? Iā€™ve seen that kind of behaviour in the past where the adopted child was a different race from her new family.

Also, what is it about the way she chooses to live her life that you dislike?

I still remember when my mother hired some ancestry research company to quash the wicked rumour that we had some minor Dutch ancestry. We had already moved to Canada but she was still used to the Malaysian way of doing things where you told the person the result you wanted and he quoted you a price to produce those results. Well, she told the white Canadian guy that she wanted to prove we had no Dutch ancestry and he took her money and came back a week later with, ā€œIā€™m sorry but you have lots of Dutch ancestors, here is a list of themā€. lol. She freaked out and said, ā€œBut I paid you what you wanted!ā€. She never did understand what went wrong there. lol.

you can talk to your dutch family without having to pay anything at allā€¦ iam right here :wink:

lol at least he didnt just took the money and tell your mother what she wanted to hear (that canadian guy must have had some dutch in him as well)

hallelujah there is some dutch in everyone, brother! :wink:

My sister is white as white can be.

Our adopted parents are white too (from what I have been able to tell, Scottish, Irish, English, French, and German) although my dad has 0.02% Nigerian, so I think there was a sailor somewhere in his tree.

Calling the parents that raised us by their first names instead of ā€˜mom and dadā€™ I feel is very insulting. She thinks that ā€˜bloodā€™ family is closer no matter who raises you. I disagree and it becomes an argument whenever the subject comes up.

I fully believe that a swat on the butt of a child (spanking) is an appropriate form of discipline, however she does not. She was greatly offended when I corrected my children in her home.

I was informed that while under her roof that was an inappropriate form of discipline. Instead, I should explain, in detail, to the children what they did wrong in a calm tone of voice, and then the child will correct themselves. After all, she took several early childhood developement courses and knows how to raise children. (She has none of her own.)

There are more things but I am uncomfortable sharing more.

ā€œYou get what you pay forā€? She was hoping by paying someone they would create an ancestry that reflected what she wanted to see verses what was really there?

I am kinda stuck on my birth fatherā€™s mother and her motherā€™s tree. I know his mom is still alive, and her mothere died in 2018, but, according to ancestry.com, his mother died in 1972. Apparently I have the wrong name.

Also his motherā€™s mother, in a few records. Listed 3 different names for head of family, and did not list the same name of the father.

It seems that, at least on that branch of the family, they women had a child or two in their teens, adopted the babies out, then they had their ā€˜realā€™ families later in life. Itā€™s bizarre.

Thinking, I would find it very funny if I could trace that weā€™re somehow 32 cousins 5x removed lol.

On a side noteā€¦ i saw 4 Elk on my way into work today:

The mountain was out:

And my momā€™s begonias look stunning: