Life is good

You need to dip into the brine pool for real life.

When you can do more than support your own body weight and have unhindered mobility then life starts to get good

When you canā€™t, be like TATER and seek out a suppressed breathing environment.

Speaking of Tater, Ron White is coming to Winstar Jan. 1.

An American tourist is on holidays along the west of Ireland, tracing his roots, hiking the many hills and cliffs along the coast. Pausing to enjoy the breathtaking view, amongst all the green he notices a dirty old tractor putt-putt-putting along a country lane.

As it comes closer, he notices the rider is actually waving up to him.

After many minutes, the tractor makes itā€™s way up the hill, and an old Irish farmer, still waving, comes slowly into view.

Rubber boots covered in muck, a straw hat and a rough beard, with cigarette tucked in the corner of his mouth. Heā€™s missing a few teeth, and has some twine holding up his trousers.

ā€œAre you a Yank, are you?ā€ greets the farmer, offering the tourist a swig of his whiskey.

ā€œYes sir, I sure am!ā€ answers the man, taking a sip, and adjusting his baseball cap proudly. ā€œOklahoma born 'n bred!ā€

ā€œOh, we love the Yanks around here, so we do. Great craic altogether! Will ya come to the party, will ya?ā€ he offers, pointing back down the hill towards the village. ā€œItā€™ll be mighty! Weā€™ll be goinā€™ hard at it all night, so we will. Thereā€™ll be eatinā€™ and drinkinā€™. Thereā€™ll be singinā€™ and dancinā€™. Thereā€™ll be fightinā€™ and thereā€™ll be fuckinā€™ā€¦ā€

ā€œWoah! That sounds awesome! Iā€™d love to!ā€ replies the delighted tourist. ā€œAnd whoā€™s gonna be there?ā€

ā€œJust you and me lad. Just you and me!ā€

UPVOTE

What do a Texas tornado and an Oklahoma divorce have in common?

Either way someoneā€™s losing a trailer.

2 Likes

I bought some heat trax so nobody dies getting in and out of the hot tub. I bought an outdoor kasa plug that I synced to my phone so I can turn them off and on with my phone before driving home. If someone else is home, they just need to say ā€œAlexa, turn on heat trax,ā€ probably 45 minutes before they go in.

Iā€™m getting better at taking care of it. Sometimes I forget we have one. It was a real hassle actually. Iā€™ll probably like it in early spring. If that is the dumbest thing I buy, not bad.

Had to search heat trax.

I only got the steps and about 10 feet of the patio. Too cheap to buy more.

Is the tub getting any use?

Yes. It got used 5 days the 1st month which was November. December we got 23 inches in 2 days. I worked at 3 am one of those days and after only have time to work, drive in the snow, clear out the drive way and sleep I got a stomach bug so I went about 2 weeks without using it. I cleaned the filter and did a poor job putting it back in and ended up getting soap in the tub which I had trouble getting out for a while. Thatā€™s when I got the heat trax. I also got a cover for the cover so when it snows I just rip this cover off and all the snow comes with it. I did not buy a lift. We are the only ones that have used it so far so we only flip have the cover to get in. I used it new years day. Iā€™m not home much this week. Probably average once or twice a week.

Iā€™m glad we got it. Iā€™ll be interested to see how electric bill goes. My house is super efficient.

2 Likes

Amazon has started to deliver to Colombia for free if the total price of the shipment is over $35 USD. This is a life changer, honestly. All the little crap Iā€™m used to is suddenly available to me again.

I negotiated a deal with my landlord to go month-to-month as we wait for Erikaā€™s Canadian visa. It went far more smoothly than I had thought it would go. Now I just need to hope he lives up to his end of the bargain. This was a big deal to me as I didnā€™t want to sign for a year when we donā€™t know if Canada will force us to spend the next year there for her visa.

Now that weā€™re stable in our place until the Canadian visa people call, I decided to buy a couple of bicycles and immediately found some guy on FB marketplace desperate to sell a couple of brand new bikes for far less than theyā€™re worth. I go see them on Tuesday. I will then buy endless stupid bicycle accessories on Amazon since, well, they now deliver here.

Life is good today.

What kind of bikes. Years ago a had a couple of 10 speeds that I rode as my primary transportation.

I donā€™t know anything about bikes other than I know I donā€™t want to spend a lot since theyā€™ll be put in storage or given away as soon as Canada calls. Hereā€™s a photo of the two. He says theyā€™re both new. The white one is still in plastic wrap but the black one looks like it was ridden at least a few times.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/life-is-good/190/237?u=thinkingaboutit

congratulations on being able to get your amazon goodies again?

hope that visa is sorted soon and you both get to live where you want and enjoy life

ok thats too sappy for youā€¦ uhmm ok: and may you quickly get to live in a nice house with a white fence and maybe a pitbull puppy? :wink:

I love Amazon. Waiting for a delivery right now. It is terrible if you tend to be an impulse buyer.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/life-is-good/190/241?u=thinkingaboutit

amazon delivers old dutch hookers to america?

If they did I might place an order. ā€œThank you Missus!ā€

lol good luck hope you dont get a box with bricks or plastic dicks

If I get dicks Iā€™ll forward them on to you.