Jesus Was A Refugee And An Immigrant

According to the Bible, Mary and Joseph feared that King Herod would murder Jesus if they returned to Judea, so they fled with their child to Egypt. This story is told clearly in Matthew chapter 2. It is stunning to me that Christians would advocate for the separation of children from their parents and would even cite the Bible for justification of this barbaric practice. They are fortunate that Egypt two thousand years ago was more humane on this matter than America today, and the Egyptians let Mary, Joseph and Jesus enter and stay without qualm or question.

You cite the Bible to justify breaking the Law.

So let me ask you, Michele, should the parents in Judea have handed over their children to be killed? It was the law, after all. And should black people in the US have accepted that they were not quite human? It was the law after all. It’s in your constitution.

Is it in the Bible?

It is not in the Bible that blacks should accept that they are not human. It is not in the Bible that parents should hand over their children to the authorities. For both cases, the verse in Romans clearly states that people should obey the law of the land.

My questions are simple: should blacks have accepted that they are less than human since the law of the land says so? And should parents have handed over their children to be killed by King Herod in Judea because the law of the land said so? The Bible is quite clear that people should obey the law of the land.

Reg, I am sorry I don’t know what you are talking about. Where does it say blacks are not human?

Those children were taken by the law against the mothers will. Mothers don’t just “hand over” their children.

I was referring to the three fifths clause in the US constitution, but really the point is not about that exact law. It is about any unjust law. Do you insist that people obey the law even when it is obviously unjust just because the Bible tells you to?

Would you rather have a world without the Law?

Those are not the only options. Will you answer? Do you insist that people obey the law even when it is obviously unjust just because the Bible tells you to?

Do you think it’s fair to judge the same law by which you receive protection?

No Michele, I will not answer any more of your questions on this unless you answer mine. It is clear and polite, and I have repeated it many times. Do you insist that people obey the law even when it is obviously unjust just because the Bible tells you to?

I will not give you an answer until you answer me.

Ok. I think it is absolutely fair to judge every law and decide if I’m going to follow it. I do not care if the same body of law provides me protection, or if I generally agree with other laws within that body. Now that I have given you a straight answer, it’s your turn, and please don’t answer me with another question. Do you insist that people obey the law even when it is obviously unjust just because the Bible tells you to?

The Law is not unjust, man is!:pensive:

A merely subjective notion. Just as my notion that there is no unjust law within the bible.

PS: Trump just got his “muslim-ban” (which of course is not a muslim ban, but he delivered what he promised within the rather martial electoral ad I posted on the old bbad, so nobody can say he is cheating on promises he gave).

PPS: Build the “microwave wall on rails”(R) TM as posted by me on the old bbad and problem would be solved. No more children of law-breaking people to separate at the border, because nobody would be able to enter without the US border process that Reg learned to love on his recent trip to Chilipepperland.

I begin to agree with this, Daniel. It is clear to me that the US is going down a different path and that we, the rest of the world, just need to accept that it is going to be a very long time before it reemerges. When it does, it will likely find itself a tiny relic of its old self. Trump is not smart enough to realize this but he is making America irrelevant again.

If Jesus went to egypt and back, then he is not an immigrant.
He had been there temporarily, then he went back to galilee, right?
If there was a destined time of return for “refugees” in Europe, a fixed hour of return, I bet the resistance would dwindle. Since it isn’t that way, resistance will rise further. Good so.

Europe soon to be following in lockstep.
Just another million of illegal africans and we will see blood. Prophet Daniel hast spoken out.

I’m not sure. Europe seems to be holding strong and doing well, at least so far. The EU economy is strong, with the best growth in a decade. The bloc is at peace. There is a populist uprising in a few nations but not all. The majority of EU states have rejected populism and fascism, unlike the US. I have continued hope for Europa.