-ism

If you had to describe Americans in one word using an “ism”, what would it be?

Schism

Mark beat me to it. Good call, Mark. That’s the best word to describe the USA right now.

I think that’s accurate, Mark. What has caused our schism?

You obviously don’t know. I used to think silence meant I’m too stupid for you to give your precious time too. Now I can see you’re just too stupid to answer correctly.

Hedonism

1 Like

Bipartisanship.

That will only happen when Democrats stop ducking their head in the sand, acting like they don’t know what’s going on when in reality they are too afraid to go up against a beast like the Federal Reserve. I mean really, who can make war with the beast?

Don’t think for a second we aren’t there, because we are and when Trump wins, all Hell is going to break loose. Democrats have even warned of it. The good news is that we are not going into this blindfolded. We already know what’s going to happen.
Daniel prophesied of Nebuchadnezzar when he interpreted a dream of three fat down and three thin cows that indicated 3 years of feasting and three years of famine.
I believe we are about to experience the same confirming that present proves past. The Bible also tells us the last days will be like 10 virgins with half failing to fill their lanterns with oil, knowing darkness was coming but to lazy prepare.

Christianity has been in a downward spiral for years and Hedonism on the rise. The Bible accurately predicted it.

But understand this, that in the last days hard times will come—for people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, hardhearted, unforgiving, backbiting, without self-control, brutal, hating what is good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to an outward form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people!
2 Timothy 3: 2

I’ll just average in.

You don’t need to dump all that here. Don’t assume too much next time so you don’t have to. Don’t go beyond your capacity.

Would you like me to start dumping shelves of books on you I only quote for less than a paragraph each?

That’s a good one, too. Also materialism.

Excellent description of both our countries, Reg. Materialistic hedonists. We didn’t get to this place alone. Did our parents condition us to have such shallow characteristics? Mine didn’t, at least, not deliberately but I have no problem blaming you and your parents since they had knowledge and showered you with it.

Mine did but I don’t blame them. Our society had already evolved by the 80s to value nice things above all. I grew up with little money and I saw a world around me where people had nice cars and yachts and other such things and I wanted all of them. I defined value by what car I drove.

Society taught me that I should measure my own worth by how many women I slept with and that stable relationships were nothing. They taught me that being a gangster was cool and being a father wasn’t. Remember the “thug life” crap from a few decades ago? It took me decades to overcome that.

I only got my head screwed on straight in my 40s. This is why I have lost any interest in freedom of speech. I used to value it above all. Now, if I had the power, I’d take the heads of every Hollywood studio out back and shoot them. I still value the idea of freedom of opinion, but I feel freedom of expression needs to have limits placed on it or we are going to collectively suicide.

Your first comment is proof that you are completely blind to the work of evil in your own home.

Your parents were already conditioned.

Agreed.

Who are “they?” Surely, you are not about to blame your parents for your thug life are you?
You were given a wealth of knowledge. What you did with that knowledge was your responsibility. I’m getting nauseated.

Society? How did society teach you that? Did you learn how to be a womanizer through books?

I have news for you. Your head is screwed on backwards, upside down and inside out.

That’s weird. Up until this point I always thought you believed in free speech.
I bet you wish I would shut my face every day.

This is progress but why stop there? Do you think evil begins and ends in Hollywood?

You certainly deserve it.

True. My father once said to me, “Christianity is stupid nonsense but it pleases your mother so go along with it. It’s only a couple of hours on Sunday morning and you can sleep through it.” Wise words that I live by today with Isa.

Through media, of course.

I believe in limited freedom of speech. Once it reaches a certain scale, I would control more of it. I would force CNN, MSNBC, FOX, OAN and others to label themselves “Opinion Journalism” and not call themselves “News”, for instance. I believe in near-total freedom of speech on BBAD because we have no power and sway no opinions (or very few at least).

God no. They are perhaps the most powerful influence on young people, however, so it’s a good place to start.

What a complete idiot you are. I bet you went to church yesterday you stupid hypocrite. I despise you. Live by those wise words and know that you are taking your wife to Hell with you. What a sorry low life thug you really are.

The media Trump is fighting? That media? The same media you obviously hate, you support because they are against Trump.

You confess they influenced you in a negative way but when Trump tries to fight them for you, you hate on Trump. That’s how twisted your perverted mind is. I tell myself everyday that in your ignorance you call lies truth and truth lies but it is getting difficult for me to keep making excuses for you when you clearly suffer from a spiritually low IQ.

You lose. We still have curfew here until tomorrow.

No. Trump only fights media that isn’t slavishly supportive of Trump. He loved Fox until they started being critical of him. He now loves the pathetic OAN because they slavishly support him. If they ever publish anything unflattering of him (which appears unlikely), they will be next on his hit list.

Trump never fights for me. Trump fights for Trump. Trump’s only principle is preserving his power.

They have had a perfectly impossible record of unflattering, negative news against him since day one and you slavishly lap it up every day.