Interesting New Tech

I probably wouldn’t go it on it anymore. My neck goes out about twice a year. Not worth it.

I have never been a thrill seeker. I don’t jump out of planes or off bridges attached to elastic bands.

Today is prime day. Not much of interest. These are 43%, but I think I’d rather have $229.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X5F81JS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_Y1369BWS26NSMT71Z4N2

Was looking at dash cams. No good deals. I did get a trail cam for my dad a few days ago.

Prime Day Canada was delayed. No idea when they’ll hold it.

1 Like

Lol. I thought of Reg and laughed.

Why would you think of me? lol.

Lol. I think your “TV is the devil” quote is one of your more memorable quotes here. I don’t think I have one. I forget a lot of them now. Mark had a few memorable ones. Probably about vienna sausages.

Yes, I’m not a good candidate to drop $100k on that IQ destroyer. I do watch some sporting events but the projector is great for that. I generally watch no drama at all, although I did watch (and enjoy) Raised by Wolves last year when we were stranded in Medellín.

1 Like

I really liked raised by wolves. Probably my favorite show last year.

Does it come in white?

This isn’t “new tech” but it’s interesting. The EU is likely going to mandate USB-C on all phones and cameras. I love it. Screw your freedom. Screw your choices. And screw your iPhones. Standardized charging is more important. Seriously.

This is interesting but not world-changing. Humans will not be the world’s soldiers in coming years.

1 Like

She must be deaf, too.

if you’d like to leave a message, click “1”
to argue with a teenager, click 280 numbers

So, this new phone is taking the right to repair concept to new levels.

Also interesting. As I see it (with my totally uneducated opinion on this topic), this would require satellites which could correct their own orbit. They would need their own propulsion, at least for minor navigational corrections. This method couldn’t possibly place them in an orbit so accurate that they could stay in space for years or decades without that orbit decaying.

Orbits do not decay without some friction-like mechanism which transfers energy from the orbital motion. This can be any of a number of mechanical, gravitational, or electromagnetic effects. For bodies in low Earth orbit, the most significant effect is atmospheric drag.
est google time 30 seconds

Drag (air resistance) from the uppermost layers of the atmosphere slow down the ISS, which makes it more prone to orbital decay. Visiting supply spacecraft come equipped with booster rockets to push the ISS back into the desired orbit.