Interesting New Tech

I created this thread so I wouldn’t have to start a new topic every time I found something interesting.

I’ll start with this.

I just heard about this 2 days ago. I also heard they were almost 900 bucks a tire. They do make good tires. A friend of mine’s wife bought a Tesla. I would imagine with that ridiculous torque, you’d burn out a lot of tires if you weren’t careful.

Sounds good but I want somebody else to use them through the test period. $900? KMA!

Things are always stupidly expensive when they first come out. The price should come down.

I agree. Stupidly.

$799 USD.

I might consider getting one when I’m 80 and can’t use my hands. As long as my hands work, I’d rather use them and save the 700 dollars.

How is this better than paying an airport porter $10? It would take 35 trips (assuming a porter at each end) to pay for this suitcase, and after 35 trips, it’ll be time for a new suitcase anyway.

I think it will fail. Most people are not so stupid they would pay 800 bucks on a suitcase.

I don’t know. Tumi and Vuitton are doing fine. This is one thing I do NOT spend a lot on, however. I see people with their 5 year old Tumi suitcases that have been on 30 trips and they look just as nasty as any 5 year old beaten up suitcase that has been on 30 trips. They last longer in that they don’t break as much as cheap suitcases but they still look gross like all other old suitcases. Much better to spend $100 a year on a cheap one.

You should but a pair and let us know how great they are. In fact, you should but two pairs to deter the blinding infrared light from getting in. Otherwise, you could suffer blindness caused by a pair of glasses that was tested proper.

Do you ever proofread before you post?

You can bet I proofread every word in this post.

If BBAD were an equal opportunity site, you could correct those two mistakes. I’m not going to. I like my flaws. I think I’ll keep them.

Be my guest.

Being your guest requires more Dramamine that the earth possesses.

Will’s crazy hydroplaning video made me remember this. I like all these new gadgets. I like extreme tech on stuff you don’t need. I’d rather that necessary things were simpler. I don’t need 100 computers in my next car. But for shit like this, yeah. Go big.

1 Like

for +7000 dollars i expected it to fly…

Ooh I like it. I like a lot of these kind of things but for 7 large I would buy a jet ski.

2 Likes

If I decide to not buy 2000 bottles of kombucha, I could get one of those.

1 Like