Instrumental music

A beautiful piece of art.

1 Like

I love her talent and the way she smiles, lol.

Yeah, I’d like to be like her when I grow up.

I guess my cat Ganymedes dislikes Zither and all kinds of especially string instruments. His favourite place is lying left to me with his front paws on my shoulder. As soon as I listen to such instruments, he sends out some unpleasant sounding meows towards me, lol.

1 Like
1 Like

This is the best version of that music piece I ever heard.

@Gundi, that is one of Bach’s greatest works but that version lacks magic to me. That impossibly beautiful piece is one that shouldn’t be performed only with instruments. It needs a choir, and it really doesn’t matter what size.

From small and cozy…

To simply majestic…

Funny, choirs don‘t have this effect on me. I like choirs, but certain pieces I prefer instrumental. The first version had such a wonderful music and it lost so much the moment the choir set in. The version in the second video was ok instrumentally, but not as good as in your first video. Even the choir wasn‘t as good due to the masses.

1 Like

One thing I’m finding is that, when it comes to music, best isn’t always better. Here is a version of Pachelbel’s Canon performed by an American couple. It isn’t the best. Honestly, it isn’t even particularly good. It’s still wonderful, though, seeing this married couple play this song together as well as they can. That context somehow makes this version better to me than far superior performances of the Canon. It makes no sense but that makes it no less true.

1 Like

Yes, that‘s a beautiful version, regardless that the performers are a couple. I would have loved it anyway. The Cello is especially intense, which suits the piece and the performance.

I don’t personally think it’s a good version at all, minus the fact that they’re a couple. I now see it got 73 million views which destroys it for me. The only reason it was appealing to me was that it represented two average looking people playing the Canon. Now that I see it was wildly successful, they are no longer average, that appeal is gone, and I now just judge it on its musical merits and, by that standard, it fails for me.

I am no musician and therefore lack the ability and ear to notice slight mistakes except a tone totally is missed. I notice no such mistake here. I also love the tempi and the atmosphere their interpretation and arrangement creates. To me it‘s a wonderful version.

1 Like