Head Covering

I think women should be covered head to toe in burkas. With a tight band across the mouth. It is my conviction.

Man should lead by example.
It is my conviction.

I try to every day. You have been gone awhile.

It says pretty clearly in the same set of verses that if a woman doesn’t cover her head, it is a shame to her, but if a man does cover his head, it is a shame to him.

Of course, most Christians find this inconvenient so they make up some bs that it doesn’t apply, it only applies to those in Corinth and so on. The truth is those excuses can be made for every rule in the Bible but they’re only accepted for those evangelicals don’t like like the head covering rule.

Hi Michele.

Have you been away at bible camp Michele?

Right…I can see the tight band over mouth now.

You’re such a liar. Sometimes I wish you would stop talking. This is at least our third discussion on this verse.

It says pretty clearly in verse 15 that her hair is her covering. Amazing how you never acknowledge that scripture. Unbelievers love to shove this verse down our throats and claim we are somehow less Christian that the stereotypical Christian in their minds. There’s your bs, if you’re looking for it.

Head covering is a religious ritual like fasting. I can see why you would like for women to conform to this ordinance. Acknowledging authority is humbling.

Hi Reg!

No, we had our thanksgiving get together last weekend and I gained so much weight I didn’t feel comfortable coming in here until I could get it all worked off. Thanks for asking!

I just find it astonishing that men defy authority while simultaneously underscoring the importance of women acknowledging authority. If men deny God, how is it they say they lead by example. Do you really think women are going to acknowledge authority over ourselves when men don’t? Hahaha! The further men drift away from God’s authority, women drift from man’s authority. So don’t be surprised if you come home someday and find out your woman went out, bought and paid cash for a new car without first discussing it with you because she believes God told her it was okay. Hahaha! You girls have a nice day!

My woman has her own money and if she wants to buy a new car it’s up to her. My only requirement of her is that she wears a burka to the dealership.

I have acknowledged it many times, and noted that this is a nonsensical excuse to not cover your hair.

1 Corinthians 11:5 but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. 6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

followed by

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Yes, her hair is a covering, but this obviously isn’t the type of covering referred to in 11:6 or the verses 5-6 are meaningless. How can a woman ever be uncovered if her hair is a covering? Which women should ever have their hair cut off if hair is a sufficient covering? Think about that. Only bald women could ever have their hair cut off and they have no hair. This line of logic is just absurd.

That’s because you are.

And it is, indeed, bs.

I was going to ask by what authority you require she wear a burka but I got a mental image of Angie walking into a dealership in a burka.
You, following, three feet behind, tight band across mouth.

Are you sure you want to go here? I want you to think carefully about it. Be certain. It could be a trap. You know how clever God is.

After 15 years of going around in circles, I concede.
The scripture is addressed to wives. I would ask you one question.

Why only wives?

Yes! I am. Not because I don’t cover my head. Because of choices I’ve made and because you never cease to look down your pride-filled nose at me.

You brought it up, Turd.

By my God given authority as the head over the woman.

Are you upset Michele?

I just wanna make sure I understand.

You acknowledge the origin of your authority but reject the origin as your Authority?

No. Are you offended because I called your girlfriend a turd?

I’m certain. Go there if you dare.

Indeed. He’s not clever at all. Go there.

Indeed!

I already have.

No you haven’t. You just repeated the silly line that bald women should have their hair cut off.

I have!

I confess. even though it has nothing to do with salvation or a personal relationship with God, women should cover their head while praying and prophesying. But not all women. Just married women. Because you seem to have such an authoritative opinion, I thought you could answer my only question but you glossed over it so now I have doubts.