Ham Radio

I wonder if they can bottle a mass like that and microdose it. You could benefit from from a mass like that.

So I had my ts530s ā€œrefreshedā€ by David Lyndon (oldhamdave.com) and I was excited. However, when I plugged my keyer in I got a carrier. The radio had been tested and I had confidence in it. The keyer was suspicious and Dave agreed and volunteered to look at it. He found that a 1/4" plug adapter had a short in it. He hardwired a new plug on and itā€™s on the way. God,please be right. I am desperate to bang some cw. Dave has been stellar throughout and would highly recommend him in the US for hybrid Kenwood repair.

1 Like

I passed. I now have my Amateur Radio, Marine Radio and Aircraft Radio licenses. I think Iā€™ll go become a drone pilot next. Seriously.

1 Like

I posted this in July of 2018. I finally got around to buying one. lol.

Wow! That looks tiny lol. I can see you losing it.

Oh, sorry, Reg. I didnā€™t do my homework. That thing weighs almost 4 pounds. :flushed: I guess pictures donā€™t do justice.

Itā€™s bigger than a cell phone. I wonā€™t lose it.

Some error. It is 8.82 oz (250g).

Oh geez, sorry again. That was a big mistake. Google search gave me choices and they all look the same so I assumed they were. Iā€™ll not make that mistake again.

I just got an email from the Vancouver emergency ham radio club I belong to. Iā€™m well known and quite active in the group. Anyway, as of December 6, all members of this ham radio club need to be fully vaccinated or, presumably, face suspension or termination. Note, theyā€™re not just limited from attending in-person meetings. This is a prerequisite membership requirement. A ham radio club. Not a group of front-line care workers or government employees. A bloody ham radio club.

Itā€™s starting to go too far imo.

1 Like

Do not complain, ever. It wasnā€™t going to far when it was mandated for healthcare workers.

True, it wasnā€™t. They have to deal with vulnerable populations every day in person. The whole idea of ham radio is you donā€™t have to do that. You deal with people from afar.

Yes I get that. Coughing into your radio causes static Covid or something even more bizarre. :upside_down_face:
Bizarre is the mandates in general. Healthcare workers have been subjecting themselves to sick people up to this point with no need for a vaccine. Thereā€™s still no need and yet the demand is there.

iā€™m sure they are gratified nobody noticed their sacrifice
About 146,000,000 results (0.59 seconds)

Search Results

Web results

[

12 Months of Trauma: More Than 3,600 US Health Workers ā€¦

https://khn.org ā€ŗ news ā€ŗ article ā€ŗ us-health-workers-deaā€¦
](12 Months of Trauma: More Than 3,600 US Health Workers Died in Covidā€™s First Year - KFF Health News)

Apr 8, 2021 ā€” More than half of those who died were younger than 60. In the general population, the median age of death from covid is 78. Yet among health ā€¦

[

Nurses account for most known US healthcare worker COVID ā€¦

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com ā€ŗ public-health
](Nurses account for most known US healthcare worker COVID-19 deaths: Guardian, KHN)

Mar 17, 2021 ā€” There have been 3,561 known U.S. healthcare worker COVID-19 deaths as of March 17, according to an investigative report by The Guardian and ā€¦

[

Chart: Where US Healthcare Workers Have Died From Covid-19

https://www.statista.com ā€ŗ chart ā€ŗ healthcare-worker-deā€¦
](Chart: Where U.S. Healthcare Workers Have Died From Covid-19 | Statista)

May 5, 2021 ā€” According to an analysis by The Guardian and Kaiser Health News, over 3,600 U.S. healthcare workers have died due to Covid-19 so far, ā€¦

Isa just passed her ham radio test. She is now VA7ISI. There are now two of us in the house.

1 Like

Thatā€™s terrific!!!

congrats!
i guess that could be really handy if aliens block all our normal telephone traffic? :wink:

horse racing has rules for naming horses
the rules arenā€™t interesting
the fact that they have rules interests me
va7isi is entering the home stretch
va8isi is coming up along the outside

thatā€™s why you need rules

i got on the radio and said i was va7isi
somebody else said they were
next thing i knew
soldiers from black helicopters dropped through my roof on ropes
how does it work on ham radio?
i ask because i want to know