Good Sports Day

I find this case interesting. It’s not really a sports story but it involves a sports person. She accused some high ranking people in China of sexual assault, and she promptly disappeared. Now she’s back making nice with everyone. Nobody knows if they threatened her family or what.

It’s an interesting coincidence that she appeared at a public event right after articles began to circulate that she disappeared. It wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t really her. It could be a man behind a mask for all we know. I hope she’s safe.

Poor timing for China. The Olympics are in less than 3 months. They’re going to have to figure out how to cover this up pretty quickly.

They also have to figure out if they are going to kill her, if they have not already.

Tennis isn’t in the Winter Olympics so she wouldn’t have been a competitor. I don’t know if she would’ve played any ceremonial role there. China is pretty blatant about just ignoring inconvenient facts. I expect they’ll just ignore this, or perhaps get her to make a few statements before the Olympics that she’s fine.

I believe the USA is considering not going if China does nothing about it. So it doesn’t really matter if tennis is in it or not.

Nobody cares about boycotts anymore. I know I don’t. I don’t even know who, if anyone, boycotted the Japan Olympics.

I don’t think anyone did. We’ll see if anyone does or if it’s just talk.

I guess it is a diplomatic boycott. Nobody cares if they go or not.

I actually have a strong preference for all politicians being banned from sporting events, anyway.

1 Like

There may be nothing here. She just did a 30 min call with the IOC.

Figure out? Do you think they actually have those types of discussions? I kind of though one person gave another person a subtle nod and it was done. I’ve probably watched too many movies.

I think they actually have those types of discussions. They are quite brazen. They kidnapped two Canadians to hold hostage over Meng Wanzhou.

They do seem isolated and unfriendly.

Are you just making things up as you go along or will you be providing us with access to a reliable source?

You didn’t hear of them? They were huge international news.

Also: https://torontosun.com/news/national/new-book-gives-glimpse-at-how-deal-came-together-to-release-meng-free-two-michaels

did they send them to well-run chinese boarding schools?
maybe they just put them in jail
let canadian embassy people see them
kidnapping is when you steal someone in secret and restrict their freedom for 12 years
no wait
that’s an education

they have discussions on weighty matters
they wink and nod for what everybody knows
i’m sorry meng who?
wink wink say no more
won oneders how much sleep was lost over a tennis player from oklahoma

Really? Like what? Lead in children’s toys?

What? That they put lead in toys deliberately to kill innocent children? They don’t play fair with the rest of the world. They never have. I don’t expect that to change.

The only thing I wanted to comment on about the two Michaels was that they spent 3 years in a cold, dark prison. Meng was given a mansion to rest in and legal representation.

1 Like

i’m surprised you didn’t know that

Fun.