G'DAY G'DAY

He is also the best at getting eaten by a whale.

Cycled False Creek today. About 15km. I’m good up to 30km but I really enjoy 15km rides, especially if we stop in the middle to have a drink with friends. I can’t deal with the crowds though. Isa and I agreed we’d stick to night-time rides of false creek. Just too many people to be comfortable. I had to slam the brakes at least twice to stop from killing someone, and faster riders whizzed by in the wrong lane in the middle of traffic more times than I could remember.

Sounds like a great ride. I can relate to the frustration of the crowds - it really does lower the enjoyment factor. I’m constantly ringing the bell and trying to dodge pedestrians on our local coastal shared pathway rides. I wouldn’t even consider riding in the designated cycle road lanes though as there are far too many maniac drivers. We’re keen on exploring the less crowded, though still scenic, rides.

I’ll try and take a few pics on future rides.

I’m not crazy about having to drive somewhere to ride, which limits me a lot. I might settle for non-scenic rides. Really, the unpleasantness of the pedestrians and other riders outweighs the beauty of the ocean to me. Really, what good is the ocean if I have to keep my eyes glued to the road to avoid accidents? I might stick to walking the ocean and riding some unremarkable city bike lanes which are mostly empty.

Kim!! I’ve just relocated to Queensland , well we’re renting on the Gold Coast until decisions are made. We need to have a catch up in Brisbane at some point. I have to go in to the office there occasionally.
Hope life is good for you and the family. How’re the boys? So good to catch up on your news here.
Jx

Jules!!! Yay - was hoping to run into you here. Can’t believe after all these years we’ve both ended up in QLD and within 6 months of one another. Will be lovely to have a catch up with you - it’s been too long!! I’m not doing much driving at the moment - after being in a one-horse-town with one set of traffic lights for so many years, I’m finding these QLD roads a bit daunting l. I’m slowly gaining confidence. We will tee something up as I’d love to see you!

Edited tmi in prev post

did you have plumbing

Bill, I have no interest in your opinion of my living arrangements or my word choices so I will decline to give you this information on the assumption that you would then use it to quibble with either or both of those things like the irritating punk ass bitch that you have sadly turned into.

so you had plumbing in the remote andean village