Favorite Photos

Hubby’s daughter-left, in back with 3 co-workers in a cornfield. :flushed:

We’re just going to strap down this dirt.

2 Likes

Can’t be too safe.

Okay, I admit. That’s not very funny considering all things. I can do better.

1 Like

That was funny.

That’s something you could actually drive upon in Oklahoma. Dusty would do that. He has a dry sense of humor. So dry, I don’t know if he told me a joke the other day or if he nicknamed you and Reg. Either way, I thought it was funny and I could help but laugh about it. Maybe I’ll tell you about it later.

How’s the wind?

Nothing yet. Light breeze. Getting light showers from far edge of outer bands.

What was the joke?

I’ll tell ya later. How far inland are you?

About 100 miles.

We’re expecting to have our experience starting tomorrow evening into wednesday morning so probably lose power sometime tomorrow. Would like to have the joke before power outage.

I can’t believe this storm. It’s just sitting there. Did I buy too much beer? Not enough? Topped off fluids in truck and added fuel stabilizer. Tomorrow will charge battery to a robust state. This is the most fascinating hurricane I have ever seen. Where’s my joke Michele?

The way it looks now be I’ll taking out my kite to fly.

Price gouging is growing as Dorian approaches, say Florida officials

The number of alleged price gouging cases is growing in Florida as people prepare for Dorian, said the state’s attorney general Ashley Moody.

In one case, a Shell gas station was selling a 24-count case of water for $9. It usually sells for $3.98, according to a copy of the complaint.

In West Palm Beach, gas was being sold for $4.09 per gallon, while just a week earlier, it cost $2.79.

The Florida attorney general’s office said it was currently looking at 2,100 price gouging allegations. The office field team says it has visited about 145 businesses, with prices subsequently reduced and refunds issued.

It’s illegal to raise prices? That surprises me.

Are you still alive? I’ve been thinking…Yes I know how…
So I was thinking…maybe I should wait until after the hurricane passes by. You know…as an incentive to doggy paddle when the water rises above your head. See what a good friend I am. Only a true friend would remind you of deep water and electric lines just before the lights go out.

Come on! I know it’s late but I’ve been sick. I needed rest. Now I’m wide awake and no one is up.