Favorite Food

None taken and I admit, I wondered what made them so special that other vendors don’t carry them.

I looked up kaffir lime leaves. I imagine it’s my mistake. I may have spelled it wrong.

Exactly, which must mean these are not rare leaves from some exotic paradise.

i do applaud you for looking things up :wink:

they are citrus, just create your own new variation and use lemon instead lol

lol:
“The juice and rinds of the peel are used in traditional medicine in some Asian countries; the fruit’s juice is often used in shampoo and is believed to kill head lice”

Indian plantation laborers used it to keep off land leaches and that’s good to know. Let’s hope the government doesn’t declare it a weed.

So Michele you can just dip your head into your supper and get rid of those pesky lice.

Step in it and you can rinse the leaches off.

I would sooner step in it than eat it.

Is that what happens when you wash your hair in it?

washing your hair during and using your dinner might get a bit messy lol
but sure first eat it and then wash your hair with the leftovers? that sounds very practical and a major step towards zero waste lol

multifunctional food! hmm where can i trademark that? :wink:

hmm will it be a turkey or pizza day?

italy are clear favourite to win this but since its the opening game i would appreciate it if someone religious would pray that it wont turn into a boring 0-0 :wink:

Tonight’s offering: Gado Gado. Lots of steamed veggies (spinach, broccoli, asparagus, potato, bean sprouts), cucumber, boiled egg, crispy tempeh - served with peanut sauce.

Edit: It’s not a particularly pretty dish, however it is clean, fresh and very tasty.

2 Likes

Not as appetizing as the last post but I’m sure it’s healthy. What’s in that nasty looking brown peanut sauce?

I forgot to mention earlier, food is going up by 30% probably to keep up with rising fuel prices.

Peanuts

1 Like

Ahahaha!

lol

mmmmm a yummy spicy peanut / satay sauce is wonderful… even with only some bread or fries :wink:

Of course. How stupid of me to ask. I was just trying to find out if it was spicy, salty or sweet. From your answer, I assume it’s bland.

No, ‘nasty’ and ‘bland’ are definitely not to my taste.

Good day from down under :v:

Nasty was an observation and bland was the assumption I made from your one word feedback. I’m sorry if I offended you. I’m sure it’s very good and you make it sound really simple.

I know we eat with our eyes, but some foods just aren’t attractive and it’s difficult to make them look appetising. Not all meals are a success so you’ll be getting the good, the bad and the ugly - real meals - with my pics. I can only attest to them being palatable, as they’re always swiftly devoured by my hungry boys, and [usually] always followed by positive feedback

And come on you lot - we all have to eat. Post a couple of pics of your meals you lousy buggers. At least Mark is/was making an effort!

Lentil, pinenut and roasted eggplant salad
Served with rocket, cherry tomatoes and Persian feta, then drizzled with a lemon, garlic and mustard dressing. It was pretty simple, delicious and satisfying. Despite being winter, I could eat salad 365/365 or 366/366, as the case may be.

I posted a few pics but my meals are really boring. Veggies and more veggies. No rice, bread, pasta or potatoes. I don’t think they’d be healthy for a non-diabetic. Your meals look much nicer.