Death Penalty

Simply untrue.

This is not correct. If I was going to be a father, I would probably do it in South America for various reasons I won’t bore anyone with. I am not aware of a single country in SudamĂ©rica that has the death penalty.

lol if you only think practically you dont think about rights or court costs because you dont need those

I bet the balance sheet looks diametral in China, Iran and Saudi Arabia.

In Central and South America, the death penalty exists in Belize and Guyana, though it has not been used in years. In Brazil, Chile, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Peru, the death penalty is only legal in exceptional/special circumstances such as for crimes committed in wartime and was abolished for other crimes. Opinion polls state sentiment for governments to return to capital punishment remains high in many Caribbean countries and pressure on politicians to retain it factors high.

Yeah, Latin America is such a landmark in human rights and value women so much, lol. I totally get why you view that as the best place to become a father. :laughing:

The only time I’ve heard anyone talk about the death penalty in SudamĂ©rica is when that weird Dutch pervert killed that Peruvian girl. Van der Sloot or something like that.

Latin American has a decent human rights record overall, although not as good as the west I’ll admit. They value women far more than the west does, and the women in Latin America generally love being women and do not wish to be men. And unsurprisingly, the men generally don’t wish to be women there, too.

yup wow 2010, time flies

I was going to type bad things about the Dutch but then I remembered some of our mass murderers in Canada and decided I had better not.

It seems he got some fat chick to marry him in prison and they’ve had a kid. How nice.

you know you want to and will do so anyways lol

the bigger the country the more morons

vxzcvxcvxczv

please dont give the edit_motherfucker the deathpenalty, remember freedom of speech/spam lol

sfdgdsfgdfgdgfdgds

I just silenced him for 24 hours. I don’t care at all about his free speech.

That is a good question. I think mostly he, above all past US presidents has done the best job at fooling the American people into believing he is here for us. Obama tried but failed miserable. It took a while but most Americans saw who he was by the end of 2012. Bush, not even close. Clinton did the best job at fooling us but his blue dress evidence was the first piece of evidence that opened our eyes to how gullible and unsuspecting we are. Until Trump, I think we had just decided we had to learn how to make the best of our choice because noone is perfect and we just can’t seem to vote in an upright president.

Lol@ They value women far more than the west does.

You only want to see what you want to see. And ask a woman in the West. They don‘t wan to become men just as women in Latin Amerca. You mix this up with people in Latin America which fear for their life if they reveal their real gender.

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femicide

Every year 66,000 women are violently killed globally, accounting for approximately 17% of all victims of intentional homicides.[46] According to a 2000 report by the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA), approximately 5,000 women are murdered each year in honor killings.[47] The rates of femicide differ depending on the specific country, but of the countries with the top 25 highest femicide rates, 50% are in Latin America, with number one being El Salvador. Also included in the top 25 are seven European countries, three Asian countries, and one African country, South Africa. It has been found that as the rate of femicide increases, the ratio of intimate partner femicide decreases, pointing to the idea that as violence in a society increases, so does the femicide rate due to violence outside the home.[citation needed] This is often tied to high levels of tolerance of violence against women in countries.[citation needed]

In Latin America, femicide is an issue that occurs in many countries, but most predominantly in Central America with countries such as El Salvador and Honduras, and in other places such as Brazil and Mexico. The Latin American region includes 5 of the 12 countries with the highest rate of femicide in the world.[83] According to Julia Estela Monárrez-Fragoso of the Colegio de la Frontera Norte based in Ciudad Juarez, victims are often blamed for being out late or hanging around “questionable” areas such as discotecas or nightclubs.[84] Between 2000 and 2010, more than five thousand Guatemalan women and girls have been murdered. Guatemala’s historical record reveals a long history of acceptance of gendered violence and the military government’s and judiciary’s role in normalising misogyny.[85] In a Report on the Violations of Women’s Rights in Guatemala by a United Nations Human Rights Committee, the state’s failure to enforce laws protecting women from femicide is seen as highly problematic. The report argues that enforcing laws against murder of women is a low priority of state governments because of patriarchal beliefs and assumptions about the role of women in society.[82]

http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/fileadmin/img/highlights/Femicide-RN14-fig2.pdf

1 Like

Do you think religion plays a role in views on capital punishment? I don’t. I might have at one time. Maybe if you are a Buddhist.

Depends on the country and it‘s religion. In Muslim dominated countries it surely plays a huge role.

1 Like