Coronavirus

you mean the white house.

amen

thats sad but there is still some time for you to return to being human;)

I agree with that. I’m flying through Toronto in a week and won’t visit any family. Not even my mother. I don’t want to be the one who gives them coronavirus.

1 Like

Don’t be sad for me. I’m not sad at all. I’m celebrating that we aren’t celebrating anything.

Dogs are being used as noninvasive testing. Apparently they can already detect cancer and diabetes by smell alone. Soon they will be able to detect COVID.

i will be wearing masks until stores take down the signs that say i must wear a mask to enter.
the horror

Quarantine is 9 months old today. In new England anyways.

I’m expecting to either get the vaccine this week or in February. Haven’t been told yet.

1 Like

You’re obviously at the head of the line because you’re a front line health worker, but does your wife get to the front of the line too? Or just you?

Just me. She is “phase 2” for Massachusetts. Which is early February. I’m not sure which I’m in since I’m not sticking a swab up noses.

Do you know which vaccine you’d get?

No. I have a feeling it is Pfizer but I can’t remember why I think that. I think I was going by the timeline. My guess is they won’t tell me.

why is the swab in the nose so painful?

I’m not sure. Ironically, I have not been swabbed.

We are doing a new thing where employees can now get swabbed for the hell of it. Usually you can only get swabbed if you don’t feel well. You can’t come back until employee health tells you to. Here you keep working and they only call you if it is positive. The downside is if it comes back positive you are out of work 2 weeks, possibly noninfectious and may have to use your own vacation time if employee health decides you contracted it outside the hospital.

You also collect the swab on your self if you are doing it for the hell of it.

I still have bruises on both arms and a small nodule like lump at the injection site on my left. I would have to have to take another vaccine so soon.

Stupid system. Almost nobody’s going to do that if it’s going to cost them their own vacation time. So often these cost saving measures end up costing more.

1 Like

Really stupid.

We have stopped any surgeries that you have to be admitted for unless emergency. Just to keep inpatient beds open. So you can still come for your colonoscopy. If you are having knee surgery that’s probably getting postponed. Sucks. Didn’t seem to lower the amount of swabs collected, surprisingly.

If masks and lockdowns are essential to preventing the spread of the virus, why are the number of new cases going up? If the vaccine just rolled out of Michigan to all 50 states, why are they saying no change in social distancing for at least two years? In two more years masks will be normalized and become a permanent part of society. Talk about disconnecting from reality. We will have to get on the internet to find some semblance of what’s real.