Cop gets manslaughter charge for killing black man in his home

We don’t know that. Only that the neighbors heard screaming and knocking at his door, before he was shot.

So you think murder charges are appropriate for what “we don’t know?”

Yep. That’s why there is a trial. If someone is screaming into someone’s door from a hallway, goes in and kills them, that should be a murder charge, not manslaughter.

Did you hear man’s laughter?

Update on this:

Thanks for the heads up.

In Texas no less.

You’re welcome! If you run now, the pain you feel will be like being thrown from the top of car. Minor scratches and scrapes. Maybe a little light bruising. But you are young! You will heal with only a couple of mental scars that I doubt you will even remember existed, until I die and you are forced to think about all that you watched me go through.

She was found guilty.

10 years.

Interesting. I live near a cop. He puts his uniform on when he gets to work. He doesn’t put it on or take it off at home. So her coming home in her uniform is very suspicious to me. I wonder if she killed him because he was black. Who knows. The jury knows more about the case than we do.

Do you think Justice was served?

Made me cry.

I’m ok with this sentence and would have been fine with less than 10 years. I believe she made a bad mistake. She needs to be punished but I don’t believe there was malice in this case.

I’m not sure if there was malice in the case. 10 years is a little high to me. Mostly because I’m guessing the chances of her murdering another individual is extremely low. I could be wrong about that though. She could be an extreme racist. Like the ones in Charlottesville. So, I don’t know enough about the case. I will just say that if the chances of her murdering again is 0%, then the sentence is too long for me.

1 Like

I don’t think she meant to kill him but I don’t know all the facts. I also don’t think she’s racist or she would not have been so receiving of a hug from a black man. The jury gave her what they thought she deserved and she will survive. The memory of a precious hug and reassurance that the family or at least a member of the family has forgiven her will carry her through the next 10 years and more.

1 Like

For all you atheists. A touching feel-good moment this country desperately needed is immediately overshadowed by bitter hatred for expressed compassion and forgiveness because the source is Jesus.

This judge will probably lose her job. Would it be justified since she gifted her own Bible to the defendant?

I wouldn’t fire the judge over that but she should leave her religious proselytizing for outside the courtroom.

Now that I have answered your question, answer one of mine. Would you be ok with the judge handing the defendant a Qu’ran and counseling her on which verses to pay attention to?

Yes

I just want to complete a thought here. Just because I don’t want Muslims taking over this country doesn’t mean I’m against the practice of Islamic faith within the country.

That judge wasn’t instructing which scriptures to “pay attention” to. She was more giving her a starting point. The Bible is a Big Book. Besides John 3:16, the Book of John is the best place to start because of the authors attention to the sacrifice Jesus made because of his deep eternally abiding love for man.

I believe in separation of church and state.