Chile

2.8 billion according to forbes and his wiki

you really dont think he stole a lot of money? you think he was falsely impeached? that dominga mining project was all legal? it was all the fault of his cousin chadwick?

that rich rat should have been locked up for life in '82 already but money can pay off a lot of corrupt people

Who cares on what I care.
Thereā€™s no proof of stealing money
Impeachment didnā€™t pass (you need to know that the opposition has used the impeachment source 9 times, itā€™s absurd)
About Dominga, the appeals court already acquitted the president in 2017. This is just another attempt by the opposition to destabilize the government.

And even if all was true, if those were fair points, has nothing to do with the main point. You canā€™t vote left wing, at least not in south america, so gay can get married. Left here is not your left.
Left here is Bolivia, Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua.
USA and Canada donā€™t know what left is.

i care :wink:

1 Like

lol seriously, how can you defend that guy?! surely you dont support pinochet as well?

I donā€™t defend him, iā€™m just saying that you canā€™t make points based on rumors of guilt.

And im sick tired of the Pinochet argument. This was over 30 years ago. I was 5 years when Pinochet left the government. Of course i donā€™t support the killings, nothing justify that for me. But for my parents that lived the REAL left, the southamerican left, were you have to make a line for 5 hours to get 1lt of oil and 1kg flour, and that had to last for a month. Where you cant feed your children with protein because 1kg of meat is your month salary. Watch your business go to hell. Your lands being stoled. Well yes, maybe they supported some strong hand to get that nightmare over.

interesting, i think it is easy to make those points when pinera himself openly defended pinochet and his followers and gave pardon to many criminals that participated in torture, murder and disappearances while pinochet was in power

but yes i agree that its easy for me to do since iam not dependent on the mercy of a rich rat

Donā€™t worry about Lowerre, Ferni. He is a mentally ill old American. He heckles people here. I tried to look up heckles in Spanish but it doesnā€™t look like thereā€™s a word. Interrumpir a un orador, tal vez. I have him on ignore but that expires in a few days. I might renew it depending on how heā€™s behaving these days.

1 Like

I can see that the leftist press has done its international job.

PiƱera voted NO in the 1988 plebiscite.
His father was a life time Christian Democrat (left-center) militant. And as far as his government has been, I think he is too. Right wing was just a platform.
He made a pardon discussion for humanitary reasons on Punta peucoā€™s inmates, but finaly he didnā€™t.

I donā€™t know Chileno politics beyond knowing the names of the major leaders, but I know Colombian politics well and it is similar.

Colombia has its own Pinochet, a guy named Ɓlvaro Uribe. He declared war on the cartels and lots of them died. He also got involved in many scandals and other problems which nobody supports. That said, I want to address very specifically the disappearance of the cartel members.

Letā€™s be frank, disappear means they were murdered. Uribe sent in his army and told them to sanction with extreme prejudice. They were killed many different ways, perhaps not as creatively as Pinochetā€™s dropping them into the ocean, but they were murdered in cold blood. I want to say clearly, I support this for drug gangs and cartels. Wipe them out. Letā€™s have a war on drugs that involves bombs, not courts.

Colombia is a great place. I wish I was there right now. It has many problems, however, and it is stuck as a mid-tier country in Sudamerica, well behind Chile and eons behind Canada. I do not see how Colombia can ever reach the next level where its people are better looked after without destroying the drug gangs and cartels, and I truly do not give a fornication about their rights. Or their lives. Kill them.

Anyway, my point is that I support some of what Pinochet did. Definitely not all. But some.

EDIT: I know this wonā€™t work for the western worldā€™s drug problems. This isnā€™t what we need in Canada or the US or Europe. It is exactly what some Sudamerican countries need, however.

All you said about Uribe is left propaganda.
The reality is that he declared war to a group of heavily armed extremists who terrorized the common population. For many years you werent able to pick roads there because you didnt know if you were going to be kidnaped or murdered.

Uribe delivered a country with economic growth. And THATS what makes poor people live better. Not gifts.

If you said that in Chile you would be seen as a denier and you would be a prisoner of left wing propaganda. Thinkinaboutit (living in his capitalist paradise) would say that you love Pinochet and that you support all the horrors that were experienced at that time

I was reflecting on this discussion and concluded that it is easy to be a Vigilante avenger 30 or even 10 years after the events happened.
Pinochet and Uribe were forced, both by the national and international communities, to do something.
Right or wrong, they did something, I probably wouldnā€™t have done anything, but how does that leave me in the story?
They declared war on extreme groups that did great harm to their nations. But itā€™s easier to romanticize their deaths. And that is a very powerful weapon for the contemporary left.
That leaves us, those of us who want to live in freedom (speach and economical) and peace, like the bad guys.

Economic freedom? Sure. Peace? Sure. Freedom of speech? Forget it. Thatā€™s gone. Every country has its prevailing narrative and if you dare to go against it, you are a heretic and you need to be burned like the bruja/witch you are.

Pinochet was a genocidal maniac.
Uribe, too.
Canada mass murdered thousands of native kids in residential schools.
Jews were the biggest victims of WW2.
ā€¦and so onā€¦

I am no hero. I go along with all of the above because I donā€™t want to be burned.

communism has killed more people in history than any right-wing dictator, or all together.
Once again you are the prey of left wing propaganda. In some posts above you relativize this fact by saying that communism is good because of healthcare. But you donā€™t have anyone on the right telling you that you are an apologist or a denier.
You are on the ā€œgood sideā€. You do have freedom of speech

You are mistaken. I have freedom of speech whenever I am on the side of the prevailing narrative, such as when I advocate for universal health care. I can do that all day long.

If I ever dared suggest that there was no evidence of any systematic killing of children in Canadaā€™s residential schools, and that the survival rate in those schools was higher than it was in the native homes at the time, I would be destroyed.

If I ever dared suggest that Jews were not the primary, secondary or even tertiary victims of WW2, I would be destroyed.

Like all of us, I only have freedom of speech when I donā€™t need it.

If you can prove that with numbers and facts, I donā€™t see why you are not free to say it.

sure, what is leftist press propaganda to one is rightwinged indoctrination and bribery to another :wink:

after reading his comment about that 11 year old girl i definitely believe he is christian:

Well, thats a whole new discussion where we probably wont agree :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lol probably yes and noā€¦

about christianity and his slimy ridiculous statements? absolutely! most likely total disagreement :wink:

about what should happen to a raped girl? i think that you and i are likely pretty close in agreement there since i believe we both want what is best for the girl

Isnā€™t what she and her family decided the best for her?

so some 40 year old person knows what chile will be like in 40 years
i believe that
she wants to call it a discussion
i donā€™t believe that
letā€™s google ā€œaverage lifespan forms of governance shithole countries in the southern hemisphereā€
letā€™s discuss jesus