Chess

Thanks and keep an eye on Michele. She is unstable tonight.

Tonight?

lol.

lol : )

Carlsen has started posting random games on chess24. Interesting. Heā€™s arrogant but I quite like him.

I couldnā€™t help but wonder why he didnā€™t move qB7 instead of his Rook.

I like him now that I realize how boring the second best player in the world is.

Itā€™s interesting. Heā€™s really growing on me. I like his style. I donā€™t love his play but I loved guys like Fischer who just winged it. You canā€™t play like that these days or youā€™ll get slaughtered.

Carlsen has a fun ego. He sees a user ā€œMagnus Is Poor Playerā€ and decides to play him. lol.

Iā€™d play p-g3 as white. What would you play as black after that? B-h3? If R-g1, then Bxf2 wins the rook.

On which move would you play this?

Whites next move.

I painted a chess board on a table. I know my basement is dirty. Iā€™ll work on it sometime.

Just have to figure out where the dead pieces go. This will go outside. I would consider donating it to the park across the street if it could be bolted or cemented. As well as the chairs.

That coca cola is for company only.

1 Like

Cool! You guys are so creative.

Good job. Very satisfying to do a project like that eh?

P.S. - My garage is worse than your basement.

I totally agree on doing a project yourself.

I looked at shelving for my basement. Some of it is pretty expensive. I could do it myself, but I donā€™t even have a saw right now. Trying to figure out if it is cheaper to buy shelves or buy the wood an do it myself. Not sure Iā€™d use a saw very much. I donā€™t have a nailer. Maybe if I borrowed a saw and nailer I could make my own.

Home Depot or Lowes will cut boards for you. The first cut is free then a small charge (at least it used to be).
Every homeowner needs a cordless drill. Then you are all set to screw the pieces together with drywall screws (Godā€™s own screw).

Shaker style cherry table from rough sawn lumber. Mortise and tenon joinery. Sold every one I made ($400). Years back.

I know Reg, my wiring is a disgrace.

1 Like

Indeed your wiring is ugly but I wouldā€™ve bought one of those tables. Beautiful.

Thanks. Iā€™m afraid weā€™ve gotten off topic here. I would like to post pics of my garage/shop after a day or so of organizing. Will start new thread.