Cars

You can try driving an electric car for a few days to see if it would work.

Nissan used to make good vehicles.

A good friend of mine has a Tesla. We drive in it quite often when Iā€™m in Vancouver as he gives me a ride to our weekly tech get-togethers since I sometimes have a glass of wine and he doesnā€™t drink. Heā€™s always fussing about power. Once he had to charge while we had our get-together because he didnā€™t have enough power to get home, and when all the charging stations were full, he didnā€™t know if he would make it. He had to run out to his car a bunch of times to keep trying to get a spot.

Bottom line: electric cars are still just too much work for me.

If you donā€™t have a 240v setup at home, they are inconvenient.

It might be a pain to drive one for 3 days. Usually need an ap with funds to public charge. Unless you can find a free area.

My work has 2 free stations for employees. Surprisingly, none are in the garage. That is a small peevebtage considering we have thousands of parking spots.

They are fun to drive, though.

Some guy in my yoga class drives a tesla x. It cost him $125,000,000. Thatā€™s not a typo. It is also much bigger than I expected. Itā€™s an eye catching car. The kind you donā€™t look at the logo at first.

I"m pretty sure that was a typo. I could see 125 thousand but not 125 million. lol.

Lol. Yea. That was a typo, lol. I still have flu brain.

If you could have any car and money wasnā€™t an option what would you pick? And you canā€™t say a 95 RAM. Too easy.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a Lamborghini urus and sell it for 4 rav4s.

I guess the veneno is worth 4.5 million.

I could get 100 rav4s with the trade in.

If I may suggest, a better question would be ā€œwhat car would you buy if money wasnā€™t an issue but you couldnā€™t sell it?ā€.

For me, as silly as it seems, I think the answer would be a Fiat Spider or a Nissan Z. Maybe a BMW Z4. Possibly a Benz SL.

EDIT: Scratch the Benz. I wouldnā€™t be comfortable drilling holes in it. I really want to drill holes in my next car. Iā€™ll drill holes in the CC when I get home. Hole drilling brings me joy.

mustang shelby GT500. Lol at drilling holes.

Seems like I remember Dan being reticent to drill holes in his new house. How about it Dan? Have you drilled a few by now?

A few yes. I still donā€™t in the basement.

Which reminds me. Iā€™ve been looking at car cameras on Best Buy. The will install.

1 Like

I know this is weird but I just want to do it myself. Then I know itā€™s done right and wired right to the fuse box in a way I consider safe and reliable. Too many of these guys just find a hot wire anywhere handy and splice it. Screw that.

I am racking up a big shopping list for my car when I return to Canada (probably 6 weeks). As per a post above, I want to upgrade my car stereo nav to a full Android based Google Maps nav system. I want to install a tire pressure monitoring system. I want to install a Garmin mini dash cam (I really like how small it is). And now I want this.

Nice! Its almost as cheap as that sphere maker.

Might as well add this to my shopping list. This oneā€™s just a ā€œmaybeā€. Iā€™m not sure I want CB in my life.