Cars

I don’t know about your model but generally speaking, the streaming interfaces on Smart TVs are crap. Roku is just one of many options in the IPTV space. Amazon is in there with their FireTV devices. Nvidia makes what is generally regarded as the best one for about $200. There are also a ton of Chinese Android based IPTV based boxes out there that look really good.

It really depends on what you’re watching. For us, Erika watches Colombian news and sports and I watch the Formula 1 races now and then and a few events in the World Cup and Summer Olympics every four years. For our needs, Android is the way to go. Everyone is different though.

We stream movies exclusively. Guess I’ll go with Nvidia. Been streaming through a PS3 which is a pain in the ass.

You might want to take a look at your new TV’s interface first. It might be good. The ones I have seen are crap.

From the reviews I am reading Amazon fire cube is good. I think a dedicated streaming device will top anything on a smart tv.

Probably right. I have a FireTV stick. It’s slow as hell. I hear the Fire Cube is much better. We only use ours with the projector but I don’t think that makes a difference. If you’re going to pirate movies or sports (not that I would ever do such a wicked thing), Android is far easier.

No, not you (cough cough). Time for backgammon.

I wasn’t going to post in this thread since it seemed ridiculous to be searching toys for your wife. I do understand it’s a man thing to look at cars with nice lines.
When I first started reading the posts, I didn’t know if I should post a car that best represents what your wife really needs or if I should google jokes for teens. You’re entirely too old for one of those cars, Will.
So is Reg but there’s no reasoning with him. He’s going to buy a motorcycle and drive across the southern continent of Africa, which sounds like something a college graduate would do.
Your wife’s car must be a good one and you know I fully support replacing the parts.

What a load of crap. Life is for living. And 90% of convertibles are driven by old guys.

I didn’t know that was my plan but it’s a great plan! Maybe I’ll run into some college grads on the way. Might be interesting to chat with some of them.

She’s a horrible driver. No situational awareness at all, and horrible judgment. I don’t even let her drive the shopping cart at the grocery store. She agrees with that decision.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was talking about Angie’s car, not Erica’s.

If I buy a fancy 3d printer can I just make my own car?

1 Like

Obviously.

1 Like

Here are a couple of cheap toys I plan to buy for the car when I get back to Canada. First, I plan to replace the stereo with this Android 9.0 head unit. It is specifically designed for the CC and should be an easy install. I’ve never installed a car stereo before but the vids I’ve seen on Youtube make it look easy and I’m planning to try it. If it works as planned, I should have Google Maps for nav which is the only system I really like.

Second, my CC doesn’t have a tire pressure warning system. This should fix that nicely, although at the cost of a cigarette lighter plug.

Edit: I’m also toying with this. I like the idea of having a dash cam in case some moron hits me. On the other hand, I hate the idea of installing the thing. It would mean taking all the trim off from around the windshield and hiding the power cable in that.

1 Like

I would like a dash cam too but maybe my next car. I’m so afraid of people falling asleep driving.

Dear God, I’m glad the CC is easier to work on than that thing. I doubt I’d even try it if mine was that complicated.

Lol. I did place a clean non offensive comment to have a chance for the new stereo.

I have a 0.02% chance of winning.

What about the gyroscopic neck stabilzer and eyepiece? You can probably just glue a headband to camera mount and get the same effect. You know that eye acan fall out if you kneel or squat down to read that gauge. Tech has to be really cheap for you to use it. I don’t mean cost cheap so somebody like me can afford it, I mean it has to be overly expensive and cheap and lacking in true function for it to beusebale by you.

That is why tech is a turn off for me. Because you lke it too.

You do the same thing. Listoff a bunch of features and post a photo you can’t even see or define the details out yourself. This works, that works, this works too all of this works for me and I use them. You don’t have this tech and this should ispire you to get it.

But tech is only as good and functional as you are, so you don’t really own any good tech personally do you? Do you know how you make others feel about tech? You probably still sit on Santa’s lap which you probably do fit. And you fit due to the tech!

And don’t call me fat. Santa Claus has big powerful thighs and big thick belly you know all too well by reclining back on them oh so close that you feel like an extra fat on his body with your jiggly eye testifying his belly laugh. And you fit, despite your projected twice the size appearance, little pelvis, and handful buttocks disintegrating like ice cream does when it gets peed on. Yes you don’t want people to know when the tech works in your hands it is because yourhands are in Santa’s. You feel it too much driving and most of all what just eats you up inside…
you can’t even buy a vibrator that you can use unassisted at any skill level or works better than the real thing!