Cars

Were you productive today?

Not very but I had a good week so one soft day doesn’t matter. I also want to lose a few kilos so I am not eating much, which lowers my productivity.

I envision you accomplishing most of your productivity by way of phone.

So what are you eating?

No, you’re mistaken. One thing I pride myself on is learning from my errors. Back in my medical software days, I realized I hated talking on the phone and so I guided my life to where I don’t need to talk on the phone at all. I do all my work on my laptop.

Granola, mostly. One more month of this and I should be at my optimum weight (85 kilos) and can start eating healthy again.

1 Like

Technology is a nice blessing for our generation in time. So why did you stop “multitasking” yesterday? Was it something I said? :no_mouth:

And how long are you going to keep me blocked? lol

I didn’t block you. I come and go here like everyone.

You don’t have me blocked in private message?

You have nice moves, Sparky! :footprints: like how you just dodged the other question. :footprints:

Not self driving but still electric.

Is it too soon to get an electric? I’ll be getting a car in 1 to 3 years. Nissan leaf is a possibilty. I have a garage so that helps. I’ll also almost never lose power.

No way, it’s not too early. I live in apartments so it’s harder for me but I would get an electric car for sure if I had a house. The only thing I would be cautious about is buying used. I am usually a big fan of buying used cars but we don’t yet know how long these batteries last.

They do not retain value. I wonder about the warranties. Nissan has decent reviews.

Well, not retaining value is usually a good reason to buy used but this is uncharted territory.

Most of the problems they have are related to the battery. Overheat, catch fire, limited mileage. I do like the performance though.

I’ve read a bit about them. It looks like chevy has ditched the volt and a lot of people got fired, but they are working on new EVs. Once they sell 200000 EVs of a model in the usa, the tax credit goes down. I’m hoping that there will be more new EVs and Bernie will keep the credits going for the new models. It seems like electric would be great in the city, but most garages are not in the city. We had 22800 in itemized deductions this year and because of the standard being 24400, I was able to claim zero dollars of the interest on the new mortgage, lol. It was not an awful return. Probably 2500 less than I was expecting.

Radio is awful now. I have no cd player, so in the car for a total of 90 minutes a day, I listen to silence or stream a talk or something. Anything from building decks, baking ideas, maintaining lawns. Now I’m on electric cars. I’d rather get an electric than a hybrid. One of the big advantages of electric is almost no maintenance, which is lost in a hybrid.

Have you tried Sirius or whatever the satellite radio there is called? I haven’t but it seems like a cool idea.

No. Maybe my next car I will. Probably a car channel I’m sure.

The only advantage of the plug in hybrid over electric is anxiety. That’s pretty obvious, but it seems the plug in hybrids should have a level 2 charging system as well as the electric cars. So the plugins get the same charger, but only go 40 miles on a charge and need ICE maintenance. A decent amount of evs can go 250 miles and are using the same charger, which would cost close to 2000 dollars to install a 240 volt outlet in my garage. I should have put the clothes dryer in the garage lol.

I probably can’t do anything for 2 years, but I just bought a Powerball ticket.