BBad 2018

I don’t plan to die, but I’m acutely aware that I could at any moment.

No. I know of nobody with the combination of technical skill and interest in BBAD that would be necessary to keep this going. BBAD runs on 3 Ubuntu servers that need to be kept updated. The chat server is running ancient 123FlashChat software that is on its last legs as the Chinese guys who wrote it disappeared long ago. This Discourse forum needs endless updates and those are sometimes flaky and bring down the system which requires debugging and fixing. Blab isn’t used and nobody would miss it. I’ve never had to restore from a backup yet but it’s come close a few times. Speaking of that, backups need to be maintained on all the servers and I use AWS S3 for that. It’s not really a complicated setup but someone would have to have the interest and ability to learn all that stuff, and the stability to want to carry it on after I die, which might not even happen for another 30 years (or might in 30 minutes, nobody knows).

tl;dr When I die, BBAD dies.

Well . . . could I have your radios?

1 Like

I’m officially depressed.

Lol will

Don’t be, Michele. I plan to outlive you. :slight_smile:

in that case, I am expecting a frame in the mail soon. I want you to have it. It’s a photo of my half pitbull.

I’m about to go camping in an area with little internet service. :frowning:

Miss you already, BBAD.

We’ll miss you Michele.

Just thinking about this a bit more. If I die, the odds are good that BBAD won’t die immediately. I pay for the servers annually and just paid for this one recently so if I died tonight, BBAD would probably go on for up to 11 months before returning a “Page not found” error. I would obviously stop posting (being dead and all) but you would probably have a chance to trade emails with anyone who chose to. My guess is Nico wouldn’t but the others might.

It probably wouldn’t make it past the first update.

True but that could still be months.

Personally I don’t think you’re going anywhere.

I certainly don’t plan to. Life wasn’t worth living when I had my data center. Since I sold it 4 years ago, I have loved my life and have no interest in dying yet. I think the odds are good I’ll be around for awhile, but we’re all old enough to know there are no guarantees in life.

1 Like

Mark, I don’t want to be involved in your squabble with Will and I’m certainly not taking sides as neither of you have been saints, but I do want to say that nobody suspects Will of being a sexual predator or pedophile. That’s silly.

Will has become very threatening and shows he is easily provoked to emotional tirades of abuse. He needs to turn himself in to the nearest available mental health facility.

He made comments about sexually violating my mother and told me he knows where she is rotting in some field.

He is too jealous or threatened. Every post I make he starts with “mommy and daddy”. Not mother father or parents as terms. It makes me suspect he is speaking to a young child this way as he speaks to me as if I am a young child.

Better choose Reggie. Im not for allowing him to carry out such activities.

You, Will and Michele. All for one and one for all unless you make the right choice.

Supposedly he is in Florida but he boasts about his reliable tuned up truck and his choices for concealed carry and how he can easily drive to other states such as Colorado on a whim.

I’m sure you three agree on something.

Don’t break my heart Reg. Prove me wrong in my concerns that he has corrupted you as well.
Do the right thing. Either way you will lose a friend over this.

I’m not going to do anything, Mark, good or bad, right or wrong. I said my brief piece and now I’m going to get some work done. Back later.

1 Like