Baptism

bap·tism

/ˈbapˌtizəm/

noun

1. (in the Christian Church) the religious rite of sprinkling water onto a person’s forehead or of immersion in water, symbolizing purification or regeneration and admission to the Christian Church. In many denominations, baptism is performed on young children and is accompanied by name-giving.
    synonyms: christening, naming, immersion, sprinkling;
    rare lustration
    “the baptism ceremony”
  • a ceremony or occasion at which baptism takes place.
    plural noun: baptisms
  • a person’s initiation into a particular activity or role, typically one perceived as difficult.
    “this event constituted his baptism as a politician”
    synonyms: initiation, debut, introduction, inauguration, launch, beginning, rite of passage;
    rite de passage;
    formal commencement
    “this event constituted his baptism as a politician”

I was baptized at 13.
Full submersion.
The way Jesus set the example.

No baptism here. I am a godfather though. Church was pretty lax on that and figured I was good enough.

:flushed: I certainly didn’t expect to hear that from you.

You’re probably one if the most innocent people here.

Probably. I don’t belong to a church and not does my sister, so they were super lax.

1 Like

Thanks for being truthful, Dan.

I suppose you have to get baptized to become a liar.

Some people feel that if the world knows the truth they will see the person(s)as weak.
You’re embarrassed by your baptism but just yesterday you seemed so proud of your decision to be baptized. “EVEN got baptized”. such a proud moment, for both of us really. Only to be shattered by your shame, your embarrassment, your humiliation in knowing people are going to know and already do.
You are men but you are acting like little girls hiding from a monster in the closet.

Michele, your attempt at psychoanalysis is ill founded, and your attempt to draw conclusions from tiny specks of data does not reflect well on you.

I have no shame, embarrassment or humiliation over my baptism. I was a kid and knew no better. I certainly have no pride in it, either. It is a foolish ritual.

Believe what you choose. It won’t make it true.

That’s a damn lie. You were 12 and knew exactly what you were doing. And THAT doesn’t reflect well on you.

For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”
2 Peter 2: 20-22

For it is IMPOSSIBLE, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
Hebrews 6: 4-6

I can’t lead you to Christ so you should never worry again that I am attempting to lead you in that direction. There is no salvation for you two since you have already received His merciful GIFT of Grace upon your souls. It is clear to me that you truly would rather burn and I have to be okay with that and now…I am.

Matthew 19: 26.
:blush::slight_smile:

Thank you.

You are most welcome❣️

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand (John 10:27,28).

1 Like

How could you hear His voice and then deny His Name?

Don’t bother. I really don’t care anymore. It’s between you and God now. Not my busy-body business.

I started reading other books.

That must have made you stupid, Reg, but don’t worry, you will be in good company. There are a lot of stupid people in Hell.

I want to believe I have vented and got it out of my system.

When you brave souls are ready, I’m prepared to discuss every subject like an adult who has read a thousand books.

Don’t mistake my words. I can vent more. For some reason, I keep hearing this small still voice telling me to be quiet. Listen to the silence. Hear what it says.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I serve a witty God.

All of you baptized liars together with all the words you have read collectively could never make my heart smile the way Gods incredibly strong still voice does.

You cannot know how disappointed and even crushed I am by what Reg and Gunda have said. I can’t help but wish you 2 would be locked up together for all eternity. If you don’t address what you have spoken about our Savior, I pray, in Jesus’ HOLY Name, God stokes your fire 7 times 70. You both deserve it.

I was surprised to hear Will had been baptized. I need you to tell me how we participated in the same baptism and yet we “don’t believe the same.” I’m willing to try and understand. Because I want to accept you the way you are. I don’t want to change you to make you fit my vision for you, only to find out I created some monster.

I am thankful Dan hasn’t been baptized. But for some reason I am also heartbroken.

I look forward to hearing from Daniel.