Baptism

Mmmmmmm…smell the silence!

Nobody cares, Michele. We go through this every year.

First, you make a push to try to make us look inward and see the God that you believe was always there waiting for us. This always fails. Then you declare that there is nothing here for you and you are leaving BBad forever. Then, in time, you come back and hang out with your old online friends again.

We’re currently at step 2 in this cycle, where your attempt to enlighten us has failed. Shall we repeat the rest of the cycle yet again?

No we will never have to repeat the cycle again because for the first time in 20 years you have spoken the truth.

My oldest grandchild is 12 and has, of his own free will, made a conscious decision to receive the free gift of Grace by accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior. As a sign of his professed faith, he wants to be baptized.

Amazing Grace, how sweet.

Michele, he’s 12. He’s also going to make the decisions to pull the wings off of insects while they’re still alive and to masturbate into his socks. His decisions at that age simply do not count, no matter how much that fallacy aligns with your religious beliefs. He is not responsible yet, not legally, not criminally, not spiritually and not morally.

1 Like

Spoken like a true liar. I’ll take your God-given, head of household authority with a grain of salt-lessness.

There is a big difference between getting baptized and just getting wet.

Who told you that?

Baptism is an outward expression of faith, not a swim in the creek. They all knew what they were doing.

I’m not sure the point you were trying to make but what I read was, “they were just playing in water and getting wet for what kicks and giggles”?!? “They didn’t really mean it.”

It’s not the baptism that saves you tho. It’s the event that leads to the baptism. None of them could have been baptized without that event taking place, unless they were just “getting wet” for kicks and giggles and the event never took place, which I find next to impossible to believe.

Sorry. I’m so used to playing defense. Welcome to Hell.

I got wet during my baptism. Stupid fat pastor lost control and I splashed him to my considerable 12 year old amusement.

Yes, ideally baptism is an expression of faith, otherwise it is just getting wet. I might add if it was a true expression of faith I would find it next to impossible to believe that the relationship later dissolved into unbelief.

1 Like

And do you also believe the ridiculous idea that a 12 year old can make a morally binding declaration of faith?

No one makes a deal with God about faith or anything else that earns him salvation, it is a free gift.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Like