Age is just a number. And prison is just a place

You know, you ask a lot of questions but rarely answer any about yourself.

It’s a fair question. If you can’t explain it, perhaps Reg can.

Perhaps Reg has no use for your silly games. :slight_smile: You go around saying we’ve contradicted ourselves and then act coy about not wanting to say how. I decline to play.

I’m not acting coy. Why were you baptized, Reg?

Why did you say I contradicted myself? It is inelegant to make that accusation and then not explain yourself.

I agree. Did the same to me.

You two are the ones that should explain yourselves.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/age-is-just-a-number-and-prison-is-just-a-place/648/53?u=gundi

Why should a sane man want that or agree to such a wish of his girlfriend/wife? I at least can‘t imagine why a sane man would want or would agree that his wife/girlfriend stays at home without having to take care for children and/or their old people. I personally don’t know of such a relationship, though. But if a man really is that insane to agree to such a deal, where she for example only takes care of the household (if even), then he also has to take the consequences. There are some controll-freaks who want that, sure. But that‘s why I addressed sane men. Why in turn should a third party, who has nothing to do with their deal - the society - have to pay for the irresponsible decision of two people?

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/age-is-just-a-number-and-prison-is-just-a-place/648/54?u=gundi

I had to attend church every Sunday as long as my grandmother still lived, to keep up the family peace. Interestingly, it was just me who had to join her, neither of my other siblings. After she died, I stopped. I only went once a year on Christmas Eve, as long as my father was still able to come with us. My father also only went once a year, and I assume he only did that to satisfy my mom. I enjoyed being together with my whole family. Especially the moment, our family grabbed the hand of the other during a certain song and we wished each other another peaceful year. Since my father stopped going, so did I and other members, for that he doesn‘t have to stay alone at home at the Holy Night of our family.

No, I never attended Sunday School nor does such a thing exist here (at least I never heard of such an institution outside the U.S).

Yes, everyone of our family got baptized.

Because the Bible is a construct written by humans long after Jesus has died and misses lots of pieces which were ignored by the religious leaders in that time.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that with me, Gunda.

This is true but it’s not the problem. The Bible hasn’t been misinterpreted and it isn’t missing any detail that matters. That would be understandable. Instead, the Bible is just fundamentally stupid. The idea that you can kill an innocent man for my sins and somehow call it even is fundamentally evil and morally wrong. The core beliefs of Christianity are sick. This isn’t an interpretation problem or a problem of missing detail, it is a core morality problem.

Morality? Can you explain that?

My morality dictates that we are each responsible for our actions and choices, and that it is never valid to punish, kill or otherwise harm an innocent person for my transgressions.

I base my morality on my own understanding and I do not care at all what is written in various holy books. I do not care at all about God’s morality because as far as I can see, he doesn’t exist and, if he exists, he appears to have none that I agree with.

I also do not care at all about the veiled threats of some Christians about how I will see that they were right when I am cast into hell.

Wow! You should keep talking. You have a very big mouth.

Do you consider yourself the head of your household or do you let your wife wear the adult man panties? To expand on this a little I would ask you, do you feel as the head of your household that it is morally wrong to murder another human being?

I am definitely the head of my household and I do feel it is morally wrong to murder another human being.

So if one in your house wanted to commit murder you would be against it?

Yes.

As one who prides yourself on being upright in your own eyes, you would even say, you are against all men committing murder in the world? Globally speaking you are against murder and war. Tell me I am clear in what I understand about your personal moral beliefs.

Yes, although there are many individual exceptions, and one often must choose the lesser of two evils.

I need to go shower. I am not disappearing. I just enjoy the whole cleanliness thing.