Age is just a number. And prison is just a place

Speaking personally, I love the pagan solstice/Sun-God holiday that was stolen by early Christians and altered to allegedly mark the alleged birth of their alleged Christ, even though there is absolutely nothing in the Bible or elsewhere to suggest he was born anywhere near Dec 25.

You were raised in church weren’t you, Reg?

Baptist was it?

Indeed, yes. I was even baptized at about age 12.

1 Like

why don’t you start?

Ok, I was raised up having the option to choose for myself if I wanted to go to church. When I was old enough to choose, the bus came and got me and I went to church. My parents didn’t go to church much but they did come to my baptism.

Gunda’s turn. I would ask you, Will, but I don’t think you’ve ever gone in a church. No offense.

No offense taken, for as usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Feel free to set me straight.

Why bother?

Good point!

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/age-is-just-a-number-and-prison-is-just-a-place/648/44?u=gundi
That she didn‘t start with her upbringing first, wasn‘t the reason I refused to answer her question. Her saying that I contradicted myself was it, without explaining what she meant with it but asking a question instead.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/age-is-just-a-number-and-prison-is-just-a-place/648/40?u=gundi

Yes I do. But not for the same reason you or any Christian does. My family is Christian and they believe in the existence of Jesus and a God. The rest of the Bible - not so much. It‘s also a tradition of my family which is soaked with great memories of warmth, laughter and special food you only get once a year. It‘s the only occasion my father plays Zither for his family and all family members sing beautiful songs with not so beautiful voices - which is why we all have that much joy doing it. It‘s a diving into family. It has no religious meaning at all for me.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/age-is-just-a-number-and-prison-is-just-a-place/648/19?u=gundi

If a woman raised kids and took care of the family - thus wasn‘t able to make much money - then why isn‘t it just, that a man has to pay her half of what he earned more since they were together? Everything else is injust. My mom for example worked her ass off just like my dad, plus often had to take care of the kids when my father went to the pub. In case she would have divorced, she would have got nearly nothing. She would have had to live on welfare. She wouldn‘t even had the realistic chance to leave, if he had beaten her. That‘s your ugly world and unfortunately still the world for most non-western countries.

Men and women are the same worldwide. Most non-Western parts in this world just still legalize to exploit women. There are women just like men with a bad character and who marry for the wrong reasons. The only reason should be love of two people who consider the partner as an equal and not as subordinant.

And if there are no kids, Gunda?

Fascinating. You’re the luckiest person here to have such a warm and loving family to celebrate the birth of our Savior with. Did you all go to church a lot or just on Christmas and Easter, like many do? Did you go to Sunday school? Were you and your parents baptized? How does one believe in Jesus but not the rest of the Bible since the entire Bible is about Jesus?

Interesting. It almost sounds like you are saying that with a bit of pride.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

1 Like

[2 Thessalonians 3:11]
For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

1 Like

Very good, Will. You have contradicted yourself as well as Reg has.

How?

How did you come to be baptized?