The time has come

Uh oh.

I can’t wait to see micheles “deep state” rebuttal.

She’s been quiet. Tough to be a Trump supporter here.

Unless you read it in a book, I think you are just making that up.

I can’t wait to hear Will’s excuse for receiving eternal life and then claiming we don’t believe the same.

Seems like the appropriate forum for this. After 20+ years Angie and I are splitting up. I want to get out soon as it is becoming unbearable. She says she no longer loves me. Sometime in the next couple of days I will be gone. Will try to stay in touch.

I’m so sorry Will. Makes my problems seem minuscule. Thinking of you.

1 Like

Good luck, Will. Look forward to hearing from you when you can.

It does seem there’s no such thing as forever anymore. This saddens me more than I would have thought.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought this one was forever but I think you’re right. Forever is a fairytale. Will take my laptop and cellphone with me. Take my 9mm too. Traveling light, going west. We’ll see how far I get. Will try to make it to Boulder, CO. I have always been drawn back there and maybe in the shadow of the flatirons I will put a hollowpoint in my brain. Or maybe I will meet some trust fund hippies who will take me in.

Sorry to hear, Will. Stop by if you come this way.

Hey that’s not me hitting on you either weirdo. That’s me offering to feed you on your journey.

2 Likes

I begin to wonder if marriage has any meaning at all in the current world. If you’re not safe in your 70s, wth is the point?

I’m so different now than I was 20 years ago. I’m sure in 20 years I’ll be different. Hopefully that’s ok…

Did you tell your son that you are leaving?

Of course it’s ok and [quote=“Nickscafe, post:12, topic:575, full:true”]
I’m so different now than I was 20 years ago. I’m sure in 20 years I’ll be different. Hopefully that’s ok…
[/quote]

Of course it’s ok Dan and quite natural. It’s to be expected. If we look at it from the point of view of a commited couple, the changing in us by maturing is a shared process. It’s called growing old together. It’s what I thought I had which is why it is a shock to my being that it looks like it can be broken in a heartbeat. I encourage people to be in meaningful, mutually beneficial relationship. I disagree with marriage.

I haven’t told my son yet. I talked to my daughter this afternoon. Angie took part in the conversation.

You didn’t know it was coming, Will? Total surprise?

Yes. I can talk more about it but that is the case. The punishment didn’t fit the crime.

Was there a particular incident or was it a buildup over time?

I’m not looking to pry, of course. If this is too raw just ignore me.

I’m looking to pry. If she left you because of your drinking, the punishment fits the crime. It’s difficult to watch someone you love become intoxicated every night unless you’re drinking with them.

Of course you are.