The Bizarre

Short lived as well. You have a strong economy now don’t you? Has your country grown out of ruling the world?

According to this video your country wasn’t even independent 400 years ago.

Omg. Lol the stock market lol?

lol yes, i like to say we grew up but reality is other countries were fighting eachother and we used our trademanship skills (read slavery and plundering) to become rich

That video only touched on slavery. Most was about the Voc? or Dutch East India company.

ah you are reading up on history nice;)
lol not exactly 400, yes we became independent in 1648 after the 80 years war

yup yup the voc, those guys knew how to make profits, they say it would be worth about 8 trillion dollars in todays money

I want to call you a dirty Dutchman but looks like we justified it.

Slavery, I mean. We justified making them slaves with Gods word.

Edit: not with Gods Word. We obviously justified slaves as biologically inferior in order to keep from compromising our Christian belief.

Fortunately, a Republican was born and abolished slavery. :grimacing:

i assure you like every day i showered this morning and personally have nothing to do with slavery or your gods word;)

lol this is interesting

If you lived in United States instead of Netherlands, you would:

Health

live 1.4 years less

In Netherlands, the average life expectancy is 81 years (79 years for men, 84 years for women). In United States, that number is 80 years (78 years for men, 82 years for women).

be 77.5% more likely to be obese

In Netherlands, 20.4% of adults are obese. In United States, that number is 36.2% of people.

Economy

make 11.0% more money

Netherlands has a GDP per capita of $53,600, while in United States, the GDP per capita is $59,500.

spend 23.8% less on taxes

Netherlands has a top tax rate of 52.0%. In United States, the top tax rate is 39.6%.

be 71.6% more likely to be live below the poverty line

In Netherlands, 8.8% live below the poverty line. In United States, however, that number is 15.1%.

Life

have 14.7% more children

In Netherlands, there are approximately 10.9 babies per 1,000 people. In United States, there are 12.5 babies per 1,000 people.

be 100.0% more likely to die during childbirth

In Netherlands, approximately 7.0 women per 100,000 births die during labor. In United States, 14.0 women do.

be 61.1% more likely to die during infancy

In Netherlands, approximately 3.6 children die before they reach the age of one. In United States, on the other hand, 5.8 children do.

Basic Needs

be 15.7% less likely to have internet access

In Netherlands, approximately 90.4% of the population has internet access. In United States, about 76.2% do.

Expenditures

spend 56.9% more on healthcare

Netherlands spends 10.9% of its total GDP on healthcare. In United States, that number is 17.1% of GDP.

Geography

see 44.2 times more coastline

Netherlands has a total of 451 km of coastline. In United States, that number is 19,924 km.

lol@seeing more coastline… what nonsense

Taxes and healthcare are a trade off.

I have to wonder if your population were larger if those numbers would change or remain the same.

lol you want our population to be even larger!?! we are pretty crowded already

No I’m just talking about what the effect on these numbers would be if your population was closer to ours or if that even makes a difference.

17 million is the population of a large city here.

lol use the size comparison tool: usa is 237 times the size of the netherlands
population of usa is 331 million vs the netherlands 17m
so you only have 19 times more people lol

i really dont want to see 331 million people living here, unless you can fit them all in amsterdam, then i dont care lol