Thanksgiving

• Sweet potatoes
  • Sweet potato (plural)

0 voters

What’s the best Thanksgiving food? I’m not sure my favorite holiday. Used to be Halloween. Probably still is. I like cesar chavez day. March 31st. Good time of year. I always debate to take it off or not. He was such a hard worker, he’d probably want me to work. I like Thanksgiving because I like most of my family and don’t hate anyone in it. Very lucky. Kind of a lot of food.

I remember a Thanksgiving week 18 years ago. I ate so much at 2 pm I didn’t eat the rest of the day. I was supposed to work the next day but never set my alarm. I woke up at 730 for a 7 am shift. So i was 90 minutes late for work. I ended up taking a break at 10 am because it was slow and I hadn’t eaten for 20 hours. Anyways. I was making tea and ended up spilling boiling water on my thigh. I was only wearing scrubs in the hospital cafeteria. So I couldn’t really take them off. I was walked down to the er and eventually got my scrubs off and my left leg was twice the size of my right. They sent me to plastic surgery because the doctor that saw me was the same age and either didn’t know what to do or didn’t think it was an emergency. Dermatology was in another building so for some reason I thought I was going to have a plastic leg covering my leg. Anyways, they bandaged me. At this point it is 2 pm and I had a friend come to see me but I still drove my car home. I think the weirdest part was I was so hungry for not eating for 24 hours I ate my sweet potatoes that were leftover so I had some sugar for the drive. I can’t believe you are still reading this. I went back to work on cyber monday and was white as a ghost. Employee health sent me home saying I had an open wound on my thigh and could not work with blood. They kept me home on workman comp for 4 weeks. It ended up being staph aureus. Don’t really have any scars anymore. Probably lucky I was 23.

1 Like

wow

Weren’t you scheduled for limb lengthening surgery that day? You know they can give you the height by cutting the bone and separating it but it is supposed to fill in the length it is separated.

I think you are just too addicted to height.

I suppose you could leave the leg like that. It would look tempting like the bread rolls you see for sub sandwiches still baking. I assume that bacteria is the active yeast. If you need an x-ray you can always insert the bone and remove when you just want to fly through life in your daily activities. You can stretch out soft dough for quite the length and plump it up with yeast and heat.

crazy talk

Did you ride goofy foot?

woodstock is you.

I’m guessing yours is dressing.

With that silly mask on, you’re all set.

I wouldn’t take it off if it’s educational but do whatever your heart convicts you of.

You’re sweet, Dan. You must get that from your Italian side. I don’t hate anyone but I’m not sending out invitations to dinner this year. They have two hands. They can make there own dinner. Besides, the CDC recommended no traveling for the holiday. Driving during a flu-like pandemic is probably lethal. Especially if you have a panic attack along the way and hyperventilate.

Congratulations. Scars are vile.

I used to think that. Now I just think they’re part of life.

"One m

1 Like

Sounds like work. Effff that!

grizzly thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving! The best Thanksgiving I’ve had in a while.

2 Likes

Did you do anything special?

We had a friend and her mom sleep over Wednesday. And another friend also sleep over Wednesday. One of them lives in Norway and was here for a few weeks to work. I won’t see her for either 8 months if I visit Norway or a year it I don’t. My sister is the best I’ve seem her in 5 years. She has had a very bad last 5 years and is a nurse in the ICU which is probably one of the worst jobs right now. For some reason she seemed really good yesterday. The combo of seeing my friend from Norway and my sister laughing for 3 hours was pretty good. I didn’t do much else. I almost drove into Boston tonight to watch the tree lighting, but I was scared of icy roads so I did yoga instead. It wasn’t easy with the amount of yams I ate yesterday.

It has become my favorite holiday. I don’t like much between November 1st and February 28th, so it’s nice when it is a good day.

I went to my parents at 10 am to help and my wife got there at 1. I got home at 645 and my mother in law got to our place at 655. She slept over and left at 2 today, but I had to work so I only hung out with her for 3 hours. I also put the tree up last night.

1 Like

We did too. It’s early for me but Isa wanted to so whatever. Sounds like a nice time you had. As I age, ambition is far less important to me, advancing technology is totally unimportant to me, and simple pleasures like dinner with friends are extremely important to me.

2 Likes

Yes. December 11th would have worked for me, but she wanted to last night so that’s fine. Unfortunately, the new kitten did not jump in the tree, so I’ll have to put ornaments on it.

how did a croatian-italian end up in canada?
must be a lack of wall

:wink: some nice posts here, happy belated halloween

afbeelding