Statues

Leviticus 26:1-2 Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.

The little boy in the red shirt looks like he’s waiting for a priest.

1 Like

You posted that photo to stand in judgement of anything remotely close to religion. Look at yourself. You are wretched and poor and you don’t even know it. If you had any good sense at all you would pray for them. Instead, you set a trap to snare us, which you have done to Will. You’re going to burn for your bad behavior.

Attention to such a detestable though indicates a perverted arousal on your part. Cringe*

If it weren’t for the detestable acts of the religious leaders the thought would not have occurred to me.

That’s a lie. You made the ignorant comment for entertainment value.

Nonsense. I posted that photo to show how Christians ignore their own Bible. The Bible clearly prohibits idols and carved stones which people bow down before. Christians erect these constantly, especially Catholics.

You have said that before. With every new story about tortured children, people all over the world are becoming acutely aware of how far we have fallen from Gods Word. So much so that many people believe the reason bad things are happening in this country is because of how far removed we are from Him.

I can’t find the scripture but there is a scripture in the Old Testament that says in the last days people will say, Are these things not coming upon us because we are far from God?

2 Timothy 3

Be sure of this. In the last days hard times will come.

People will love themselves. They will love money. They will talk about themselves and be proud. They will say wrong things about people. They will not obey their parents. They will not be thankful. They will not keep anything holy.

They will have no love. They will not agree with anybody. They will tell lies about people. They will have no self-control. They will beat people. They will not love anything that is good.

They cannot be trusted. They will act quickly, without thinking. They are proud of themselves. They love to have fun more than they love God.

Is that the way you see the world or do you think hedonism is an exclusively American problem?

It is absolutely not only an American problem. The entire western world is hedonistic and useless. The rest of the world is only not hedonistic and useless because they don’t have as much money as the west.

Oh you have to have money to be hedonistic?

Obviously, yes. If you have no money, you are too busy surviving to be hedonistic.

How is it you can post scripture of end times and confirm it’s truth from one side of your mouth and deny truth from the other?

So that scripture isn’t true?

What about this scripture. Do you think it’s true for the times?

But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
Daniel 12:4

When did I ever confirm its truth? I didn’t. That said, scripture is often true. That doesn’t make all scripture true. Scripture says “thou shalt not steal”. Good thought. Stealing is bad. Scripture says “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Great thought, that. I actually try to live my life by that rule. Scripture also says a lot of stupid things that I think are nonsense. I ignore all that.

That scripture may be true. The world hasn’t ended so we don’t really know. All those things have come to pass, but people have been complaining about those things since long before the Bible was known so I don’t find it particularly prophetic.

When you posted it.

Lie. It’s always true.

It makes you a liar.

It first says to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Scripture says to Keep the Sabbath holy. I try to live by that rule.

You say a lot of nonsense I wish I could ignore.

I discussed anhedonia in another thread.

Saying everyone is hedonistic because they like pleasure is like saying everyone is a glutton because they eat.