Saudi Arabia (MBS)

This only seems radical to me because I’m so accustomed to the U.S. government charring Americans.

1 Like

MBS has totally gotten away with the murder of Jamal Khashoggi. This makes me vomit.

Wouldn’t it be better to cancel the games than to allow human rights violators host games?

1 Like

I hope some boycott. Although, they have 10 years to improve on their morals.

1 Like

Why would they change their abuse practices when they can host without satisfying policy requirements.

They probably won’t change. If they do, it won’t be for a soccer tournament.

Oh, no doubt but the root problem here is FIFA. From what I’ve read, corruption runs deep within the organization, dating back to 1995. There is a lot to unpack in the article below and since I never watched soccer until the last few years, I can’t really wrap my mind around the details of corruption written here. You didn’t mention FIFA’s history but I’m guessing you are probably familiar with it since you’ve watched soccer your entire adult life. After reading this article, I see where boycotting the tournaments would be the best action since FIFA refuses to hold themselves accountable. It was a really interesting read but in order to really understand the history I would have to click on every article within this article. Geez…that’s going to take a long time cause I’m a slow reader and there are so many articles. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Michele, I agree with this 100%.

then you would miss out on a lot of games, including the 2026 worldcup in canada/usa, both guilty of violating human rights…

That’s a valid point, and it’s one I thought of when I wrote what I did. The fact remains, however, that while no country is sinless, some are totally beyond the pale, like Saudi Arabia. We each draw our lines, and I draw mine this side of the Kingdom.

Reg, that means nothing to anyone since you have a terrible habit of moving the line.

True. I think we all do. Very few of us have the same opinions we held in youth on all issues.

I don’t. I have always stood with Israel and I will never waver from that. It may be true that I viewed some things differently as a young person but that has never changed my view of Israel. Knowing Zionists occupy the territory doesn’t cause me to move the proverbial line in the sand. I am steadfast in my faith that God is doing a mighty work to turn the world toward Him by showing everyone what evil really looks like.

Do you support the USA giving $15,000,000,000 to Israel? Biden asked for an extra 14.3 billion.

You would be better suited to answer that since you voted for him.

Not really. I don’t support Israel, so you already know the answer.

Nonsense. Republicans always want to give more money to Israel than Democrats. Don’t blame Biden. Almost all the US funding for Israel over the years has been started by Republicans.

Childish propaganda.

In 1999, under Clinton, a Democrat, the US government signed a Memorandum of Understanding through which it committed to providing Israel with at least $2.67 billion in military aid annually, for the following ten years; in 2009, under Obama, another Democrat, the annual amount was raised to $3 billion; and in 2019, under Trump, a Democrat turned Republican, the amount was raised again, now standing at a minimum of $3.8 billion that the US is committed to providing Israel each year.

Reliable source for information: Wikipedia

It sickens me how Saudi Arabia is being whitewashed.

1 Like

They’ve won. It makes me sick.