People

Nobody works for the last few hours of each day, anyway.

Speak for yourself on that one.

I work 14 hour days. I wonder how unproductive I am at the end. I’m usually good for a few days and by friday, not so much.

That makes me feel bad. I work an hour and stuff off 2.

Me too. I have little spurts of productivity, often when I get mad at myself for having been unproductive. I can rarely code more than 2 hours in a row these days, but I get a lot done in those two hours. Sometimes I will get two of those 2-hour spurts in a day but not often. I’m pushing myself a bit lately because I really want my new venture to go live soon.

I am at Simon Fraser University. Isa has an appointment here and I drove her and am waiting for her to be done. The fascinating thing is that I have seen no fat people at all on the entire campus. I like the vibe here.

Vietnamese coffee.

Interesting campus. Architecture struck me as kind of brutal though.

You’ve been there? I didn’t know that.

Google search.

Ah ok. Yes, their SFU Burnaby campus is Nazi architecture. I don’t like it but the setting in the mountains is gorgeous, even in winter, so it’s nicer to be there than to look at it in photos.

This is their SFU Surrey campus a few doors down from where I live. I read it’s meant to look like a giant canoe. The first floor is a shopping mall. The 7 floors above that are all University. One of my two data centers was in the basement although the new owners closed that facility years ago.

Unfortunately the entomology program is in Burnaby. If it was in Surrey, it would’ve been a short walk.

The burnaby campus made me think of boot camp. Ugh.

Makes me think of boot camp for Hitler Youth.

I got 8 hours today, and I didn’t even take any Kombucha. I hope this keeps up, but I doubt it. It’s probably because we were snowed in so there were no temptations to go do other things.

Edit: From my balcony earlier today.

2 Likes

lol ok thats your first tiktok that made me giggle, he delivered that very well;)

Deliverance. indeed. It’s all about your precious entertainment, my little flying pink elephant.

not just mine lol you are the tiktok queen

And yet you giggled when I didn’t.

ah yes… we are all the same yet different

you probably have been overloaded with tiktoks or brainwashed not to giggle or pretending you didnt giggle but did lol