Olympics

If the US boycotts the Chinese games in 2022, it is pretty much guaranteed the Chinese will boycott the LA Olympics in 2028. It’s probably time for the Olympics to die. Drugs and politics.

Why not. Democrats have killed every other sport.

Rights groups have met with the IOC and have been told the Olympic body must stay politically “neutral.” They have been told by the IOC that China has given “assurances” about human rights conditions.

I’m sure this is a red flag for Rights groups. How can they just go on the assumption that China is being truthful without some kind of investigation?

The question to me is the premise that we need to assess a country’s human rights record before engaging in sports with them. If that is the case, we should not play with many countries, including Arab and African nations and Israel. If it’s not the case, let’s not single out China.

1 Like

I agree. I’d even be willing to let canada play.

1 Like

I thought the Olympics represented humanity and all the horrible things that come with it.

1 Like

It’s a broad definition. The quality or state of being human. There are horrible societies. I think the middle east sucks. I think the olympics should represent all humans. Even tiger woods if he could walk. Just my opinion of course.

1 Like

I remember going for a drink with Ferni and Darryl in Surrey. Darryl wanted to re-litigate some old disputes. I said to him, look Darryl, I think you’re a raving lunatic and I think you’re full of shit. You think I’m a raving lunatic and you think I’m full of shit. Let’s just set that aside and have a drink together. There’s plenty that we agree about and we’re not going to resolve the things we don’t agree about.

Ferni scolded me for being rude. I don’t think it was rude at all. I think that’s how we should approach the Olympics. North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Sudan, Myanmar, all welcome. USA, Russia, China, welcome. Even Canada. Hell, even the bloody Dutch.

1 Like

and each other

China is the host. That is why they are being singled out. I have no problem looking at other countries. The IOC should have considered the matter before they chose China.

The Olympics has gone from a stiff competition for host cities to begging cities to host the games. It’s not like they had a lot of choices.

They had two and with their choice they now have to create fake snow for the Winter Games.

Every winter games I can remember has had fake snow machines available. Vancouver 2010 did. You can’t plan the weather.

That’s what’s wrong with the games. Everything has to be faked down to the snowflakes lol.

Michele, that’s what’s wrong with the sport of skiing, not what’s wrong with the Olympics. You can’t set a date for any ski competition unless you have snow machines ready in case the weather doesn’t cooperate. This is no weirder than having gas heaters ready for an outdoor spring wedding reception in case it’s cold that day.

Lol

In private text, lol is not enough. 10 characters are required.

That’s not funny unless you start trying to create 10 characters in your head lol

1 Like

Tokyo 2021 is the cursed Olympics.