News Priorities

Was it just a cigarette?

Was it necessary to defund the police? Perhaps considered too important and too untouchable affected their judgement and thinking.
I do not however know the circumstances in this story. It could be fabricated and false accusation.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/former-boston-police-union-head-arrested-on-child-rape-charges/ar-BB17Tbg7?ocid=mmx

This is you being really nasty to another person here. It’s obvious you have mother issues.

You are shown respect

And you get nasty and make people feel threatened

I’m not the only one wonderin

And you are proud after your threats and abuse.

A ship off Mauritius just broke in two spilling oil. Ugly.

So, I read this and I thought “omg how sick, he paid some guy to screw his kids up the rear”. Then I read it. He paid a GIRL to have sex with his teenage sons. I grew up in those times. It was totally common back then for people to pay prostitutes to have sex with their sons. I personally knew people who did this and I envied them because they got sex at 15 or so and I didn’t. It may not be a good practice but it isn’t rape.

You’re a sick man, Reg.

Kindly refrain from editing my quotes, Michele. I did not say those words in that order, and you totally changed the meaning of what I said.

I can add it back in and it still says the same thing.

Is that better?

I’m going to assume it sounds better to you if you say it that way. Then it doesn’t become a spiritual war for you. But I wonder how you can make your self the arbiter of rape when according to the Law, sex with a minor is not acceptable, ever.

No. This is what I wrote. Paying someone to screw your teenage son up the butt is a vile crime and anyone who does that is sick and should be imprisoned. Paying a girl to have heterosexual sex with your son is now a crime but certainly wasn’t when I was growing up. It was a fairly common practice. You totally changed my comment to imply that it was not a crime to pay someone to homosexually rape a child up the butt, which is entirely untrue and is not what I wrote.

Your view is that it’s okay to pay an adult to have sex with a child. That’s what you’re saying. If that’s not what you are saying, make it clear because that’s what it reads like to me.

Actually, I didn’t express an opinion on whether it is “ok”. I said it wasn’t rape.

I can see that it’s not ok in this new world that the next generation is creating. It’s also not ok to wear blackface, say “negro” or pat a girl’s butt, all of which were ok back when I was growing up.

Times change. In my opinion, it is wrong to apply today’s standards to things that happened generations ago.

I’m so sorry. Would you like to express your opinion now?

I hope you’re not going to come back and tell me this is your opinion. I will be so disappointed.

Todays standard? Intolerance? Can you acknowledge the world is a better place for it?