Movies

There are so great quotes in this movie. Some of them as well as a great summary of the movie and historic backgrounds can be seen here.

I’ve never seen any of those movies except dances with wolves. Some in your list @Gundi I have never even heard of.

You don’t believe that WWII was a just war?

The only one I saw was part of dances with wolves. I was 11 and couldn’t make it through. It has kevin Costner so I probably still couldn’t make it through.

I am the opposite of a movie buff. I hate movies. That said, in the interests of marital peace, I went to The Joker tonight. I can’t say I loved it as a movie but I loved the message. Kill the rich. Literally, that’s the message. I quite enjoyed it.

Smh!!!

Michele, enjoying a movie does not equate to advocating violence.

Of course not. It’s not my fault that your spirit keeps contradicting your thoughts.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/movies/622/161?u=gundi

Why should it have been a just war if all the parties involved only did it for economic reasons and for gaining more power?

The video and the message looks promising. But I also believe, it‘s more a horror movie and thus I am out for the sake of my health.

There wasn’t that much gore but there was enough. Best to avoid it if that upsets you. I dislike gore myself.

1 Like

All the parties Gunda? Really? Your country was lead by a madman intent on global domination. Which of the countries that Germany invaded and occupied sought war with Germany? Certainly not Poland, the first victim of your tyrannical fuhrer. France, England, Holland? Your trying to excuse Hitler is an abomination. Also illegal in your country I believe. He was a madman, much like trump.

I know that you are probably afraid now to try to defend your statement. I won’t turn you in if you feel allegiance to your fuhrer.

You won‘t see me defend Hitler, but he did nothing else than what Poland, the Sovjet Union, Great Britain and the USA did as well. Each of those countries grabbed for land they had no legal right for. I wonder when the US gives back Hawaii and Ukrainia as well as Belarus give Poland the part of land back the Sovjets stole from Poland.

Those words in themselves are a defense of Hitler.

Oh you mean the land the soviets took back from Germany?

Tell me Gunda, were your parents party members?

Do you drift off to sleep to the nostalgic strains of deutchland uber alles ?

Oh sure, Nazi-Germany was the pure devil, while the Western Allies were the savours of the world, who only interfered for the sake of humanity. :shushing_face:

I’m glad you finally understand.